Ok, so I've been having random pain on the left side of my urethra for a while now. The doctor said there wasnt enough bacteria in my blood to be a UTI, but he still gave me antibiotics for it. It seems like the burning and urinating are becoming more frequent lately. Today it kind of shocked me when I saw a lot of blood coming out when I urinated. I was wondering if maybe a kidney stone of some sort was stuck somewhere in my urethra, but I really cannot tell. I'm pretty sure it's not an std or anything, especially when the pain is specifically on one side. I'm only 20 years old but I know too well that otherwise healthy people can have random occurences of disease or infection. :'(

I'm going to try to get an appointment with a urologist as soon as I can, but I'm hoping until then, there are people who have been through this can tell me any advice as to what it is. Thanks

Celebrity
My daughter has a lot of water works problems. She has a duplex kidney on her left. It means it has sort of split into 2 but acts as one. Will explain more if anyone asks. She once had bits of blood floating in her wee. That come back saying Kidney infection. So you might have one.
Are you having any other syptoms...
Feeling sick
Tied
Hi temp
Back pain
My advice until you get it sorted, is drink loads an loads just incase its your kidneys.

Well the urethra is lower than the kidneys but I guess it could relate to what I have. I already had my urine tested for an infection and it came back negative so I'm pretty sure it's not a kidney infection, unless they don't show up in urine tests...I do have lower back pain on the left side, but Ive had that for a while now.

Celebrity
Kidney infections do show on urine tests.
Did you do a urine sample while taking antibiotics, if so infections sometimes dont show up. You need to do another one a few day after you stop taking them.
Having blood is def not right tho. You have something going on.

I am a 23 year old female, I eat healthy and I have no history of STDs. I have also been suffering for almost monthy "UTI's" and getting treated with antibiotics for them, mostly Cipro. However, my urine cultures are all coming back negative for UTI bacteria.
The last two were so bad that I had to be admitted to the ER from pain and vomitting. During my first trip to the ER the doctor's took a CT scan of me which showed a small kidney stone. The stone is on my left side. The doctor's said it was too small to operate on it and that I would have to pass it myself. Whenever it moves or something I'll start to feel lower back pain and then sharp pains shooting across my left side. I am in so much pain that my legs start to shake uncontrollably. The last time I literrally laid down on the bathroom floor next to the toilet while I prayed to the porceline goddesses. I had my Dr give me a referral to a urologist this past week because it's such a distrubance to my job and social life. The dr also told me to go for a follow up MRI since CT scans have too much radiation and on the CT scan from the ER they also noticed a "shadow" on my spleen (not sure that that means, probably an infection, although as I said my urine cultures are showing up as negative).

Hopefully your UTI problems have been figured out by now, but if not maybe you should go for a CT scan too.