Yesterday when I was urinating, my right kidney started paining a little bit. This it the first time it happened. Recently, though, the the tip of my uncircumcised penis was also paining. Is it a urinary tract infection or something else even? That being said, my right kidney always feels very "bloated" or full these days. And, don't know if this is related or not, but more or less a half year ago, a kid at school hook-kicked me in the right side. My right side hurt for a few weeks but stopped, I thought maybe it was a muscle not the kidney.
Thanks for the help
Oh, and I have also been getting bouts of dizziness the past few days.

Hi hurryup,

It could be a UTI. Can you describe the pain you feel at the end of your penis? Are you sexually active? Any unprotected sex? Have you noticed any blood, either as a brown or pink tint to your urine? I'm not sure of your age but you have some of the signs of a kidney stone. The pain would be as the stone moves down the ureter.

As for the dizziness, it may/may not be related. Are you keeping yourself hydrated? Are you running a fever? If you have a UTI it could cause dizziness.

If the pain continues you should see your doctor. If it is a UTI you'll be put on antibiotics.

Hope that helps.

The tip at the end of my penis is a pretty sharp pain - I have had that pain before, but fixed after doctor's antibiotic applied when I was 10 years old or so. The pain had come back a few weeks ago, but went away after showering my penis in the shower. Then two days ago, when I urinated, my right kidney hurt mildly for the first time ever. BTW, my kidney has not hurt when urinating since then, but it has a during other times, like at the computer, on the bed, etc... And the kidney feels bloated or "full" all the time.

I have not have sex before as I am only 16 years old. My urine looks fine - yellow to light yellow to white color. Doesn't seem to be brown or pink.

Oh, and if diagnosing for UTI, should I do a urine analysis at my family doctor's clinic?

Thanks for the help

Your urine color is fine and shows you are well hydrated.

It does sound more like a UTI since you've had this before and the antibiotics cured it. The bloated feeling could indicate a kidney infection as well. I still won't rule out the possibility of a kidney stone though. The occasional pains you have at the computer or on the bed could be a result of it moving.

Your doctor will probably take a urine sample and test it, yes. Then you'd be put on a course of antibiotics for an infection. They may do other tests (ultrasound) if they suspect a stone.

Keep us posted please and good luck.

Thanks for helping me with this. There's one thign I want to add; I have to urinate very frequently, but each time a relatively small amount of urine comes out. Also, for the kidney infection, will topical antibiotics cure it, along with the uti?

You're welcome.

Frequent urination is a sign of an infection.

No on the topical antibiotic. If it is a kidney infection or UTI you'd need oral antibiotics.

You need to see your doctor for this.

Good luck and post back.

This might as well be another problem: my scrotum has been constantly itching for years now - it is also very dark in color compared to the rest of my skin, - and recently it has started to peel a little bit. Showering it does not help. Not sure if it's related to my uti or not. Thanks

It is normal for your genitals to be darker than the rest of your body. Your scrotum sounds normal. As for the itching, it could be a number of things from an allergy to jock itch to chafing on your underwear. Are you washing it alot? It could be peeling from that.

I don't think it's related.

Let your doctor know about this too, OK.

Good luck and keep us posted.

Hi there, what medic-dan posted is correct--the color is not something to be worried about. However, the skin issues is another issue. Have you spoken to a doctor about it/ It sounds like it could be a bacterial infection or a fungal infection. Is that possible?