Hello! I am 43 years old and I have bladder stones. My doctor told me that I should not be worried and that I will pass them. I want to know what do bladder stones look like when you pass them. I am not sure will I recognize them, so, any help will be appreciate. I hope that this is not a problem for you. Thank you in advance!

Hello! You should not be worried about this. You will recognize your bladder stones without any problem. They can have different shapes and sizes: can be small, big, soft, hard, single, round, smooth, jagged… When you throw them out I am sure that you will see them and that you will recognize its shape.

As carmel already explained there is no chance that you miss them. It will be different and feeling and everything. Do you follow the instructions as you suppose to? Taking medications as prescribed? And don’t forget that you need to take entire course of antibiotics and if you are experiencing severe pain which is hard to handle ask from your doctor a stronger painkiller.

And you should consider some preventing measures for this condition because it tends to come back. My aunt claims that cranberry tea and juice is very helpful with all sort of urinary and bladder issues so you could try with these for some time and see if it is going to help. Also there are a lot of herbal teas which are way better than taking medications all the time. 

I started with bloody urine, then dark urine, then went to the ER and a CT scan detected bladder stone, up to 6mm. I passed a lot of clots first going off my blood thinner. Then my urologist put me on Avodart, and I've passed more stuff, even what looked like hundreds of pieces that look like pepper. So hopefully my prostate is shrinking a bit and my urethra opening up more to pass bladder stones.

I came here to see what was the matter with me. One evening I passed a tiny bit of blood at the beginning of urination, the next morning a tiny amount blood and a soft clot. Never any pain. I went to the doctor that morning and had a CAT scan. It showed a mildly swollen kidney on one side but NO stones anywhere in the system. I was put on an antibiotic because urine test showed a mild infection and some blood cells. After that second incident there has been no more symptoms. Dr had no idea what was the problem, but if I read this website correctly, it was a "soft stone". I hope?? What do I need to do besides just forget it?