I have heard for common human problem with gallbladder stones. However, I have never heard someone had stones in kidneys. Now my cousin is diagnosed, although his doctor said it is early stage. Could you tell me more about this problem? I want to understand this problem with kidney stones and early symptoms of this disease, how to treat it.

Kidney stone is problem with sand deposit, which occurs in kidneys. This is disease when in the kidneys it has presence of deposit, sand and stone, which is commonly caused by disorder in exchange of substance. It could be problem with body’s metabolism, or infections of urinary canals and organs. In some cases, cause is cessation of urine, or hipronefrosys. Consuming of one type of food, hormonal disorders in organism, nervosas, stress, drinking of water that contain calcium, and development of leukemia are risk factors someone might develop kidney stones. Kidney stones in most cases are appearing in the middle live age and they are most percentage present in men than the women. Kidney stone could be organically made, where the basis is cholesterol and proteins. In other case, stone is not made of organically substance, and there is the basis substance such as urates, phosphates and carbonates. Early symptoms are attacks with strong ache, vomit, atrocious, fever, or blood in the urine. Therapy for kidney stones is made of three parts, which is doctor’s job to prescribe.

Does any one here take Cymbalta and if so have you experienced kidney stones?

I have been on Cymbalta for about 4 months now. About two months ago I started experiencing a strange smell with urination. I now believe that to have been due to blood in the urine. I later found I had a UTI, which the doctor mistreated. When finally treated properly, I had already begun to feel the symptoms of a kidney infection. Though that went away, I knew something was still not right, so I went to another doctor. They sent me in for a CT scan and sure enough...kidney stones. Since starting Cymbalta, I have felt extremely dehydrated even though I was drinking water in excess. My doctors blew it off, but I still believe there is a connection. I see the urologist on Friday and will bring it up to him. I will see if he has an answer.

What was your experience srgh?

Very interesting. I have been taking Cymbalta for a couple of years. I have also been receiving treatment for several kidney stones, including Lithotripsy. I have no idea if it is coincidence or not. I would have to take a closer look at the date I started Cymbalta and when the kidney stones were first noticed. You have got me thinking now.

I have been taking Cymbalta for about 6 months now. It has been helpful with my chronic pain, but now I am freaked out. I had to go to the ER last week and diagnosed with a kidney infection and possibly a kidney tumor (I have to go back for another CT scan in 6 weeks when the infection is gone) I was also told I have a kidney stone (pretty large one) working its way down. I have been thinking back to what is new, and decided to see if there was any information about the Cymbalta. This is the only change in my medications (or life) in the last year.
I would be real curious, to know if anyone else has had similar issues. I have never had a kidney infection in my life. I am 53 years old.

Hi. I will be anxious to hear about your final results. I found your post when I "googled" "cymbalta and kidney pain". I have just started to take cymbalta with 30mg for 7 days, increasing to 60mg. I have only been on the higher dosage for a few days. Initially, I was thrilled with the instant decreased pain from fibro and peripheral neuropothy but my right kidney pain has been horrible since the increase. I'm sure that the cymbalta could not have given me kidney stones in that short a time but still can't explain the sudden pain. If I had not been taking AZO to anesthetize the urinary tract, I would have definitely been to the ER. Please keep us posted & good luck!

A few posts on here regarding Cymbalta have me intrigued! I started taking them 6 months ago, on & off, over all I've only had 2 prescriptions worth during that period and only recently I've discovered I have sand in my kidneys. It would be good to hear back from those who have posted as a follow up. 

I experien e excruciating bladder pain and pain when going to urinate. This started on the second day of taking cymbalta 30. I kept taking the med until the 5 th day when I could no longer endure the pain and found a tinge of pink/red on the toilet paper. I took a few otc meds and am feeling better...anx have not taken cymbalta for 2 days. I also experienced dizziness, sweating, extreme fatigue and very edgy feeling and apathy. I am feeling better and will follow up with the doctor. Cymbalta helped slightly with spinal pain and neuropathy pain in my feet and legs..but I cant tolerate the side effects.