I thought I had a UTI when I was out of town. My dr. called me out Bactrim and I did not get any relief. 3 days later I developed fever of 103 and the dr. did a UA and it showed moderate blood and some epithelial cells. Another antibiotic and the fever went away but urethra is still burning. It burns after I pee not during. The burning after urination lasts all day. I had a cystoscope done and nothing was found. Any ideas?

I have had the same symtoms and was wondering how you feel now?Hope you feell better!

i have had the same symptoms as you for about a year now and the doctors cant figure out how to make it go away. They keep finding various infections in the bladder, urinary tract and vagina and have prescribed me bactrim, macrobid, etc and nothing works! Were you able to get any answers?

i have the same, uti, some not , blood in msu, varies anti.biotic, burning pressure pain and fatigue for weeks. no answers, scan clear too. frustrated, due to travel next week, long haul, need anwers.prolactin levels high but different problem?

I am in the same boat. I have been on zithro, cipro, doxy and it helps but nothing clears it up completely. Going to a urologist in 2 wks. no growth in cultured UA, but some slightly elevated leukocytes in instant. Have you gotten any answers? I am sooooo frustrated!

i just had a uti and it frustrates me knowing that it could come back and the doctors would have no idea how to completely clear it up. i still have urgency but no pain, keep posting. tnx.

I too am having burning and was just diagnosed with a uti two days ago but the burning is still not gone. I thought after the second day of treatment it was suppose to be gone. I have an appointment with the urologist in two days. I was also diagnosed with kidney stones! The burning is so bad any suggestions on what to take?

This is frustrating I spent all night with a hot pack over my uterus and a long hpt shower to help ease the pain. I get uti like symptoms when there is no bacterial infection. I started having uti's at a very young age way before I became sexually active. There are no std's etc. My urologist has done an ultrasound and other test to check for urine reflux and all tests were clear of abnormalities.

My OB mentioned that there are two possible reasons to explore. One is that the discomfort is do to my oncoming mentrual cycle. This would be due to hormone changes and sensitivity to the changes in hormone levels. The other he said might be that the lining inside my uterus is very easily irritated and liquids such as alcohol, caffeine, and high sugar drinks might be irritating the lining causing uti symptoms. This is the only one that makes more sense.

When you have a another flare up please take a moment and chart down you past activity and see if you drank something in a higher volume than usual and note your water intake. Also, if the symptoms days before your period is due it could be due to hormone changes.

Hope this helps

im not sure when these were posted but I have had similar troubles. Im 21 and cant have sex because of the pain in the urethra. It started in January this year and I went to see a uro/gyna in April after trying everything a normal GP had to offer.
The gynacologist has solved the mystery. I have PCOS which affects the hormone levels (estragen and testosterone). If there is not enough hormone in your vagina then it is not protected from bad bacteria...hence the minor infections...the infections were never enough to show up on tests. I now take estragen supplements.

The second problem I had was that I am insulin resistant. I am not overweight, my BMI is 23. But I have had to change my diet completly and exercise everyday. I am not diabetic but it is a similar principle to type 2 diabetes. The insulin in my body wont break down the sugar and so you pee it out which irritates the urethra. If you then keep eating carbs/sugar your urethra cant get better.

I tried doing everything she said for the whole of april and the whole of May i had no pain. Unfortunately I have pain again in the uretha because at the end of May I finished University and ate lots of carbs and lived on cherryade, so naturally the problem has returned. I am being extra strict with the carbs and sugar and hope that soon it will go again.

Im not saying anyone has this but i just thought i would put it out there as i know how frustrating it is having pain there and being uncomfortable ALL the time.

Its quite complex to explain...may be worth cutting down on carbs and sugar... i try to stick to just under 80grams of carbs a day..eat protein with every carb and check sugar contents. remember everything has carbs in, even vegetables and salad and especially fruit.

I'm 15. I went to the doctor a couple of days ago. Even though I've never had sex, he still gave me an STD shot and put me on cipro. I still have burning in my urethra but, not when I pee. I have one more day left on these pills. I don't know if they're working.

I'm not a doctor but just a suggestion is to drink plenty of water ( at least the recommended daily 8 glasses if not more ) and try drinking cranberry juice. Usually if there is some sort of infection of any kind this will flush out your urinary track. If nothing else it will keep you from getting a UTI. It may or may not help but it's worth a try.

im having the same problems, burning during and after urinatation, i've been checked for uti std's and everything was negative! i have no idea whats going on i wish i could find relief. it's been going on since august , take azo's max. strenght right now and that seems to help for a while but it always comes back! i reallllyyyy want this to go away! i look stuff up on the internet all the time only to find no help. right now im thinking it may be a cyst on my ovary so im going to see about that sometime this week! if any one knows anything please send me a email. i would greatly appreciate it (:

i've had burning during and after urination since august i've been tested for uti's and std's everything came back negative. i really wish i could find a cure but at the moment i can't i look stuff up on the computer all night just trying to find answers. i cant, so right now im thinking it may be a cyst on my ovary so im going to see about that sometime this week. i hope it's not but if so im glad i finally know what wrong and get help. but if anyone knows what it may be please send me a email:. i would greatly appreciate it (:

***this post is edited by moderator *** *** private e-mails not allowed **
Please read our Terms of Use

hello guys, did you find any possible treat to this kind of disease. Im so sad coz it hurts so bad specially when I'm sitting, as i am posting here it hurts badly, did somebody find the answer?.. pls.

Try cutting out caffeine completely.
I had the same symptoms for four months, had about 7 separate tests. Sti's, bladder infection, UTI, pregnancy, bladder stones etc.
Then I stopped drinking coffee and it stopped. Which sucks because I love coffee but its not worth it