I'm 34 years old with two kids. For 9 months I have been experiencing pressure in my right flank and abdominal area. It came and went at first. Around December I started having pain also, and pain in my lower right back. In January the pain and pressure were constant in my right abdominal area, right flank and occasional pain in right lower back. I went to the doctor and she seemed to think it was anxiety related.
A couple of weeks later I saw another doctor who ordered me an ultrasound. The ultrasound was of my liver, kidney, spleen, appendix and bladder (I don't have my gall bladder anymore, had it out in 1993). Everything showed normal.
I had a urine test that showed my BUN/creatinine ratio over 400, but subsequent test was considered within normal range.
The pain and pressure went away in March, but came occasionally for a couple of days but was never very severe. Now the pain has returned and is as bad as ever. A lot of pressure and occasional pain in my upper right abdomen, right below my ribcage, occasional pain in my pelvic region. Occasional pain in right flank and back and pressure in right side.
Breast tenderness.
Also I should mention that I've had acne since I was 12, but it was more cyclical for the past few years. But for the past few months its been more constant and severe.

Hi! I have been having similar problems when I was diagnosed with kidney stones. The thing is that I put up with the pain for two months because I didn’t have an insurance but then I started to worry and decided to pay for the doctor’s visit.

I myself had pains in the lower back, I had flank pain and it radiated to the groins sometimes. The pain would be severe but then it would go away and show up again.

My doctor suspected kidney right away and she told me that flank pain is usually kidney related. I even had fever once and she thought it was an infection but luckily it wasn’t. She did an ultrasound and diagnosed me with kidney stones.

Although you have similar symptoms, I reckon that your doc would probably spot the stones then.
My stone was very big, so I had to have it broken down, so that they could leave the body.

My kidney looked okay in the U/S. Also another doctor told me if I had kidney stones I wouldn't be there talking to him, I would be in the emergency room in extreme pain.
My pelvic u/s is next Wed.

side lower back on left side and pelvic left side pain and strong pain in my left leg..Went To The Doctor About A Week Ago And I Thought That It Might Be From My Mild Hernia..But She Push On My Side Where My Kidneys Are And Thought That I Might Have Stones In My Kidney ..So She Had Me Take A Catscan And Blood Work And Seveal Blood Test Done ..And Everything So Far Came Back Clear ..Even Doe That Is Great News ..I Still Have Extrem Pain All On My Left Side Even My Left Breast Is Tender And Sometimes Feeling Cramping Like When My Peried Is Going On .. I Am 28 Years Old And Have 3 Children And Have Gone To 4 Diffrent Doctors And Nothing Seems To Be Wrong ..So Maybe There Is Someone Out There Who Is Feeling The Same Who Can Tell Me What Is Going On Or What To Do Next ..Thanks So Much For Reading My Post And I Hope You All Feel Better And May God Bless Everyone!

kidney stones present as sudden onset of flank pain(feels like giving birth as i've been told many times) accompanied by microscopic or gross blood in the urine and can cause nausea and vomiting the best tools to detect kidney stone is by a stone protocal ct or ivp and sometimes by a plain old abdominal x-ray

Sounds like a hernia to me. I went through the samething. Had my appendix removed in April of 06. Gall bladder in Sept 06. Then ended up w/Hernia surgery in Jan 07. My pain was exactly like yours.

I have suffered with right flank pain since my accident in 1990, it comes and goes, and when it comes it swells something between the two ribs in my right flank. I have been to urlogist, had kidney stones removed from the left flank, test on right flank show no stones? (I don't know if they know what they are talking about) Reading this forum I see others suffer from the same or similiar pain. I have a reoccurring kidney stone problem, I cannot see why it would isolate itself to the left kidney and nothing be present in the right. K.U.B. test from my urologist showed a stone app. 7MM in my right kidney, however when I went to get it removed (at the V.A. Hospital in Pittsburgh) their urologist could not find the stone, now anyone who has had a stone knows when a man passes a stone it is very painful, cuts ans tears soft tissue and causes hemmorage.

Is their anyone out there that has pain in the right flank caused by something other than stones, perhaps due to break down of the immune system, or problem with a gland located in the same area.

About 3 yrs ago I had flank pain on the right side then left also. I hurt more when I sat, felt like my kidneys were going to explode. After 10 months, 9 specialists and about every test you could imagine, I went to a general surgeon that had taken out my appendix and begged him to cut me open and find out what was wrong ( talk about desperate). I couldnt believe he agreed. To my surprise I had severe endometriosis that was covering pretty much everything. It had bled every month and the fluid filled my abdominal cavity. Thats why when I sat the pain was worse. I wasnt nuts after all. He said the fluid was putting alot of pressure on my organs causing the pain. He actually said I should have had pain all the way up to my shoulders, and asked me how I put up with it for so long (funny huh). After the surgery the pain was gone, unfortunately about 3 weeks ago the pain is back. I live in a different state now and am starting all over, the here now think I'm nuts just like the others did.

I have similar symptoms but not related to stones. My problem started in August 2006 following a heavy workout. During deadlifts, if felt an intense burning pain in my sternum and just to the right of my spine and under my right shoulder blade. A few hours after the workout a felt a tightness and pain sort of stretching between my lower rib on the right side around to the back and just to the right of my spine again just under the lowest rib back there. I have had this problem since then and it seems that more and more of the right side of my body is becoming involved. I have had x-rays, ultra-sound and MRI - all normal. My right knee has been sore - at one point to the point where I could not walk. I have tried Chiropractic - did not help. Massage also did not help. I'm pretty sure it is musculoskeletal but I cannot isolate the problem. My Doctor has not been much help. The very strange thing is that I feel great during working out (I have resumed somewhat heavy workouts but not has heavy as before) but it is always after working out that the pain/tightness/discomfort set in.

I do not sleep well anymore. I am always waking in the night with numbness in my right arm and hand. I always wake up with stiff neck and right shoulder. I am at my wits end and don't know what to try anymore.

Sometimes I am convinced that the problem is in my right quadricep and have been stretching the large muscles there and the psoas but does not really help. Other times I think it is originating in the right shoulder area. I feel lots of knots, stiffness and tightness there.

I have been having pain in my pelvic area and lower back for a little over 3 months now.C/T scan showed 2 stones in my kidney but are very small and "shouldn't be causing any pain." Also there is an ovarian cyst on right ovary but it soo is small and "shouldn't be causing any pain." Well I am having pain from somewhere and I am getting nowhere. My family doc in of no help and ob-gyn wants me to have a hysterectomy. I want relief not a hysterectomy. I need answers,anyone with similar problems?

I have 3 kidney stones and I have had 2 urilogigists tell me that they aren't passing or blocking so they couldn't be whats hurting me, if they could only feel the pain they would know different.

I have been suffering from right side abdomnimal numbness for some time. I feel as though there is something inside of my torso that is pressing on something, of which I am not sure. It is not pain, exactly, just real numbness, and feeling like something is inside of my body that is pressing on something else.

I have been having severe pressure and pain near my right ovary. I am worried. 2 years ago I had a CAT scan which showed a cyst on my ovary. It was very tiny. I have been on HRT and was wondering if this is causing the pain in my side. I'm afraid of ovarian cancer.

I too had pain that started in my lower right side (pelivis region). It would sometimes also go into my back and on one occassion I thought I had a tubal pregancy b/c the pain was so severe. I took a pregancy test and it was negative. The pain started as a faint pain and was off and on since June 2006 - it has increased throughout the months and sometimes the "episodes" last for up to 24 hours. It is mostly in my lower/mid back by my kidneys and in my side and front/side abdomen - the area where I can put my hand on my hip - it is terrible and I am exhausted. it brings me to tears. I had an ultrasound and my ovaries look fine. I had an internal and all the ob/gyn blood/lab work so far and they look normal. I had a lower GI series and that was fine. the doctor and the ob/gyn think it is back pain. I am 100% sure it is not- it feels like cramping and as if someone is taking a small hammer and hitting me with it in the back constantly and it is going right through to my side. I just can't take it anymore. I went to see a gastro. spec. and he was no help - he told me to take collace - but my bowel movements are regular and normal so why fix something that isn't broken. He also, sent me to take some lab tests which I have yet to do. I am so tired of tests and no one figuring this out that I don't see the point. The pain went away in march and I felt soooo good. I was back to my old self. I got sooo mcuh done in my house b/c I knew that if it came back i would be tired again. Now it is back after a month or so of no pain and I it is worse than before. Motrin doesn't really help. I plan to continue the journey to figure this out by seeing a urologist and finish the tests I was asked to do but I have to say it seems pointless. I never even take a tylenol for a headache - I just don't complain about things. I rarely go to a doctor so I cna tell you it is not in my head for sure. this is real chronic pain and it is changing my life in a negative way.

I have experienced this same kind of pain over the last 2 years.
I have had kidney stones in the past but this is different.
It comes and goes but right now it is not going and I am in pain most of the time.
I first thought it was a female thing, then I thought it was constipation, then diverticulitus, colitis, appendix, etc., etc.
Had the CT Scan and Sonogram- with no resolve. Then I just decided I am crazy.
Now, I finally think I have figured it out.
It is worse when I am sitting- I sleep fine at night.
I have pain in my right side around to my back. I also have a lot of pressure in my pelvic area, sometimes numbness into the very top part of my thigh.
I think I have it figured out...... I think it is my lower back. I think it is a sciatic nerve problem that is being caused by a problem with a disc or something. I think it has just slowly gotten worse and worse.
Now all of sudden I am having burning down the back of my right leg.
I have talked to my doctor and I am having an MRI tomorrow. This will tell me if I am right. Not sure what the treatment will be..... but I have got to do something! I can't live like this anymore!