hi im 29 male.i have had two uti's within a month and a half.before the first infection and the burning started,i would pee all i could and it would still feel like i had to pee then all of a sudden it would shoot out like something had stopped it or something.then started seeing alot of blood in urine.went to dr was given cipro 7 days for uti.1 week after coming off cipro sometimes when peeing when i was almost finished all of a sudden i would have a sharp severe pain in my urethra.then noticed blood spotting went back to dr was giving bactrim for uti.while taking bactrim i developed a constant dull ache in my left flank and lower back.and still hurt some when peeing when on the bactrim.ive been off the bactrim for about 2 weeks now.still have the lower back ache some burning when urinating.and still have the problem sometimes when i am almost finished i get a sharp intense pain in urethra.kina feels like someone jabs a knife in it.makes you draw up the pain is so bad when it does it.this doesnt feel like the pain i had with the uti's it was more of a burning pain.everyone is telling me this sounds like kidney stones,which would explain the uti's.but the dr hasnt checked me for them.i have been to 2 dr's.had a culture follow up test last week it was negative.all im drinking is water and some cranberry juice.the pain in my back seems to go away if i get up and walk around.and the stabbing pain will last alittle while if i drink a bunch to pee alot seems to start leaving.i have noticed a few times like brown sandy debris in bottom of bowel after peeing.before all this started i was drinking lots of sweet tea and coffee.like a gallon of tea a night and 2 pots coffee of a day.everyone warned me that sweet tea will cause kidney stoneswhat do you guys think could it be kidney stones?im getting really worried about this

well the uti is back again for the 3rd time.any ideas what would cause this in guys to be recurrent?and blood was found in urine again

gotta go for a cat scan one day next week to see whats happening.what should i expect for the cat scan?i dont like being enclosed in places.i hope they dont shut me all the way in it. since they are checking my unrinary tract.im getting scared about all this as to whats wrong.

That def sounds like a stone to me. Blood in the urine and UTI's are a good indicator. Also Pain around you ribcage is a good indicator. You need to see a doc. The other possiblitly is that the UTI could have spread up your ureteurs....and you could have a kidney infection.

i keep getting a recurrent uti.even after culture test comes up negative the uti comes back.and blood always shows up when they check my urine.i still have the back pain and flank pain.its just a dull ache.like i say one day this week have to have ct scan.sometimes i have a weak urine stream like something blocking it

had the ct scan done.and they found a small fistula which is leaking into my bladder.suppose to go to urologist for another exam.my doctor said it will need surgery.how big of a surgery is this?how long will you be in the hospital?what should i expect from this type of operation?

HI,

Went to doctor for flank pain.......severe. Had a lot of blood in my urine. The test said...LARGE AMOUNT. I didnt see any blood at all......in fact it was clear to bright yellow. Pain lasted all day the other day and then went away. Came back the next morning about 8 am then went away about 930 am.....went to doctor about noon. Thats when he found the blood. Went for an IVP the same day. Next day he said the IVP showed signs of a Kidney Stone but he didnt see one on the x rays. He said I probably passed it. Well low and behold here it is 4am and I had right flank pain again. Took a percocet and its gone again. Cant figure out whats wrong......no kidney stone in the IVP an i have the same pain again? Infection maybe? Woudnt that show up in my urnine? I also wonder why the doctor didnt give me an antibiotic?

The brown sandy debri sounds like a dissolved Kidney stone......Usually doesnt hurt when passed. Be careful if you are sexually active......this can cause UTI

Did you ever find our what was causing this pain? I ask because I too am experiencing the same exact thing that you described, all my tests are normal and I have this terrible pain on both sides of my lower back. I have no blood in my urine, but I have been to the emergency room twice because the pain was soo unbearable. It keeps me up at night and it just will not go away. I was really upset becuase I went to one of the best hospitals and they said oh, it may have been a kidney stone, next time take pain meds. I don't want to take pain meds, I was to get to the source of the problem so that It does not happen again.