Have you ever heard of Fiddlers motor skill testing? My daughter took my 9 month old grandson to the doctor today. They asked her to fill out a questionaire and then they want to have his motor skills tested. I see nothing delayed. He walks around furniture or with holding adult hands. He crawls, gets to a sitting position from lying. Holds his bottle, feeds himself finger foods, throws objects and interacts socially etc. Any suggestions?

Check her writing or printing. If it is not totally legible then she has the same problem I have. A loss of fine motor skills. Why, nobody knows but I had the same kind of test when I was in grade 2. I am 31 now and can type ok but I can not write worth anything. I also have a hard time with working in small spaces with my hands and reading is a nightmare.

Those are they types of things to look for... especially with writing.... how to fix it... I have no idea. I wish I knew.

Good luck and its not the end of the world, I am a totally fully functioning person but have found it hard to succeed with employment as people with better motor skills get all the jobs I want, where I get stuck in the entry level positions. I would like to design lights for concerts and live events but getting to that level means I have to master all the jobs below that, which has been an issue.

I believe it's a muscle thing but how to train my muscles without hurting them is beyond me. I have tried many tasks and gone to many specialists to overcome this issue with no avail.

If you find out, let me know! its never too late.

Him sorry.... its your grandson... maybe its more prominent in males.... I dunno... I would like to know!!! and sorry about the gender confusion... its late here and I have to work in the morning so I just skimmed your posting before replying, then proofread it and found my terrible mistake....

BUT I should add... hand eye co-ordination is bad too.... if he can throw things, but can not aim properly this is also related to motor skills... why? I have never been told but I am not aim for my life, and I ham worked at it for about 25 years.... frustrates me no end.