Hello, guys. My friends' got a beautiful baby recently. However, it seems that there is a delay in her fine-motor development. I am not sure what all this quite means. I would appreciate if anyone from you could tell me something more about this topic. It would mean a lot to me.

Hello. I guess what you want to say that fine motor skills of your friends' baby are affected. Controlled movements of muscle groups are impaired. Those are usually the skills that involve small group of muscles needed for precise actions. Those are, for example, buttoning the shirt. Your friends should visit a pediatrician or pediatric neurologist even better. He will tell them what the best treatment option is. You should check for some genetic tests. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Well,
Motor development in newborns is focused in adaptive motor skills which refers to the muscle movements. In this condition which your friend’s baby has is a problem with impaired movements of muscles. Now I think that there is a test that determines how affected is the baby and the test is usually done in babies younger than two years of age. Also I am not sure what kind of therapies are done to correct this, but I know that there are some exercise that can help children get over this issue. As younger as they get diagnosed it gets easier to overcome this problem that they might have. I hope this helped in any way.

All the best,
Nelie

It maybe that big of a deal a lot kids need Occupational Tharpy to help with fine motor skills.  I need this when I was a kid and believe or not I got it free in elementary school.  There are many different reasons this can happen sometimes it developmental issues, but then most likely oddly enough mental health condition like ADHD are related to fine motor issues.