Hello, guys. My cousins have a child that is 4 years old. As I have understood, he has an oral motor dysfunction. I am not sure what it is exactly. I would like to know something about treatment options for this. I would appreciate if anyone could tell me this. Thank you.

Hello. I am sorry to hear that. This is probably caused by weakness in muscles that are responsible for vocal articulation. This can be caused by factors that affect certain areas in the brain. These areas are responsible for articulating. Your cousins should consult a pediatric neurologist. I guess the treatment is complex and includes physical therapy and speech disorder specialist. I hope everything will be better. Good luck! Bye!

Hi there,
Oral motor dysfunction is actually oral hypersensitivity. This refers to problem with taste buds. The taste buds and the sense of taste might be stronger. This also refers to sense of smell and sense of touch. And this is only with the oral area. The hypersensitivity is just noticeable in this area and nowhere else on the body. You have to know that there is a therapy but he needs to talk to the doctor to see what can be done. Also some say that oral vibration and massage can help to lower the hypersensitivity in the area of the chin and the mouth. I hope this cleared a few things for you.

Best wishes,
Marco