Hello. My colleague has a problem with his kid. It seems it has some problems with development. I would like to know in general what global development delays are. Is there a certain classification? I would appreciate if anyone can reply. This will mean a lot to me. Bye and thanks!

Hello to you too. Global development delays can affect different systems. Gross motor skills can be affected, so there are crawling or walking problems. Fine motor skills can be affected as well such as manipulating objects. Receptive skills such as understanding of a language are also affected. Expression of thoughts is another possibility. There are also play skills, social and self-help skills disorders. Some of these disorders have bigger importance than others. I hope this helps. Good luck!

Well,
A child that has global developmental delay is a child who is not able to achieve the simple milestones that every child does in the process of growing up. For instance, every chilled is programmed to learn simple tasks such as speaking, walking and socializing which are very important for development of the child. And if his child is not able to accomplish these tasks that this means that his child has some issues that need to be dealt with. What did his doctor told him? What is the process of accomplishing all these milestones? Cognitive skills are also a part of this issue because the process of learning things is very important.

Good luck,
Karel