Hello! My new neighbor has a child who is autistic. I think she is around ten years old. I noticed she has no friend at all. I think she would like to spend some time with other children. Her mother takes her to special school but I think this is not enough. Since I have three children I am thinking about visiting her. Is it possible that autistic children have social skills?

Hello! There are many programs which help autistic children to achieve some level of social skills. They treat language and behavioral difficulties associated with autism as well as teaching new skills. Of course the level of social skills is always individual and depends on many things. It the girl from the neighborhood already goes to school that means she already learning how to function within the confines of this disorder.