Hello! I am Ann and I am fourteen. I have a younger brother who does badly in school. He has always been hyperactive and he has had problems with his concentration. I tried to help him with his reading and writing problems but he was not interested. My mother has decided to take him to some special cognitive skills training. What are actually cognitive skills and are cognitive skills useful?

Hello! Cognitive skills are mental skills used in the process of learning. They are very important since a process of acquiring knowledge is the most important process for a human being. These skills include concentration, perception memory, logical thinking and intuition. The named skill can be taught and improved, but your mother should not do it alone. She has to search a specialist (she can try with the school psychologist first) and ask for advice.