Hello! My neighbor has a seven years old son. He is very sweet child. But, it appears he has some problems with learning. He reads and writes with difficulty and he usually has problems with concentration. My neighbor bought some special computer program in order to improve his cognitive skills. What are the specific learnings from cognitive skills program?

Hello! I know that there are many books and computer training programs that claim to improve cognitive skills. If a child has difficulties with reading and writing he should visit the school psychologist first. The psychologist (and if needed other specialists as well) will determine the cause, sort and the degree of eventual learning disability. Cognitive skills are crucial in learning and they involve concentration, perception memory and logical thinking. The developing of cognitive skills is very important since they enable making sense of new information.