I'm a female teen, and I have been sexually active with my boyfriend for about 5 months now. I've been thinking about getting an appointment to a gynecologist just to make sure everything was okay, and was also wanting to get birth control. But I don't really know anything about the gynecologist or birth control. Do they tell your parents? Mine don't know, and I'm not ready to tell them. I'm not a bad kid... I have a 4.0 and am active at school, I just want to be safe. Does birth control cost a lot? Do you need insurance? How much does the visit cost? I want to take care of my body and be protected. I would really appreciate some help! Thank you!

if you arent ready to tell your parents, you probably arent ready to have sex. i would recommend talking to them about it if you're going to continue to be sexually active.

glad that you are being responsible about this and wanting to be protected, don't forget condoms birth control doesnt protect you from them, cost depends on where you are i only paid 20 dollers for a months worth, dont forget even one day or they dont work lol, doctors have the right to tell your parents until you are of legal age, unfortunetly, so if you are where you live best they hear it from you and not the doc, after you are of legal age they cannot by law release any information on you without your consent, hope that helps, dont worry having sex doesnt make you bad, being careful and taking all the proper precautions makes you a smart girl.