Hi there , basically , 10 weeks ago I had the phlegm which is in the back of the throat and you need to swallow to get it down , and basically I kept swallowing but it wouldn't finish , I could feel some go down , but it was neverending , lol! So I kept swallowing , but one time I felt I couldn't swallow for some reason , and I got all freaked out and I got a VERY fast heartbeat as you do , and strangely enough , I had chest discomfort ( I have noticed when I am scared or nervous , I get chest discomfort and fast heart beat) and I thought I was having a heart attack but after many minutes of chest rubbing , I went to sleep and that was that . But this has happened before , but it never has had a lasting effect , this time , when I woke up the next day , I was dizzy and had chest pains. Now after 10 weeks I have had mild chest pains , they aren't too bad , sometime in center of chest , but mostly in left breast, heart area ,but they don't happen to much as before , just a coupla times a day , I have got dizziness , it isn't too bad but I am dizzy most of the time of the day also for about 2 weeks, I have been having trouble swallowing sometimes ,not all times ,but sometimes. Also my chest pains radiate to arm and back and I get palpitations occasionly , but not much , only once or twice every couple of days. I went to see a doctor about this and told him everything and he said asthma , which I do have , but I have been using my inhaler and there hasn't been much improvement , second time I went and saw another doctor, she said it could be muscle related, they both checked my heart with a little thing and it said it sounds fine , so what I am asking you guys , is , is this anxiety? I do worry quite a lot sometimes , not loads , but quite a bit. I do get rare stomach pains , only happened 4-6 times out of this 10 weeks , basically a sharp pain in stomach , just like chest , it's sharp and sometimes shooting. I notice that I do get chest discomfort when angry so please bear that in mind , as 10 weeks of this is a bit bad to be honest! :/

Hi Zenny,

It very well could be anxiety. Having an anxiety attack can make you think you're having a heart attack, give you breathing problems, make your hands/finger tingle, chest pains, all of that. Any time someone has problems breathing, like that choking feeling you had, it can scare them and bring on an anxiety attack.

I think your asthma may have something to do with it. Most common inhalers use a form of albuterol. Anxiety is a common side effect.

Try to not worry so much. You've been checked by two doctors.

Hang in there.

Yes, true Dan , I thought that I was probably not going to have a heart attack because if I was to have one ,it would of happened quicker than 10 weeks! Thank you Dan , you're always very helpful!