Hi, has anyone have some experience with albuterol? I have asthma and problems with breathing for the long time. Those difficulties have been increased recently. So, I had to visit my doctor. He gave albuterol as a therapy. But nothing has change. I still feel difficulty breathing. Can you tell me why?

Few years ago I got the albuterol for the chronic bronchitis. It has helped me. But my doctor warned me that I must use it properly. You didn't say did you get albuterol in tablets or to inhale. I got the tablets and I was warned not to split, chew or crush them. You must check your dosage and to act according to it. Also if you are using some other drugs it can be dangerous. Go to the doctor again and explain him what is going on, maybe he will change your treatment.

I had this exact same problem. I have not had asthma problems for 6 years, but had a sinus infection that kicked up my asthma recently. My old inhaler had expired. My doctor wrote me a prescription. The one I got was called ProAir and was albuterol. After several days of having no effect whatsoever I took mine back to the pharmacy at Walgreens. The pharmacist said that once they changed the accelerant in the new inhalers to a more "environmentally friendly" concoction, they no longer work as well and that Ventolin or Xopenix or something else should be prescribed that will work better than the albuterol with the current propellant that is being used.

I hope that helps you out.