Hello. I'm 28 year old male and there are some questions on which I would like to get an answer.
About a year ago I was diagnosed with atopic dermatitis. You can even imagine how unpleasant this condition could be. Try to imagine that you have a million of ants underneath your skin and that this is causing you so intensive itching that you bleed from scratching.
So, I have used some strong corticosteroid treatment and itchiness stopped and you could say that the primary disease is cured. But there is one another problem- on some spots which I have scratched the skin is very thick. Should I be worried about it?

Well, about two months ago I was diagnosed with scabies. I don’t know do you know anything about it but I could say that symptoms are pretty same like in atopic dermatitis.
So, these spots you have mentioned also occurred on my ankles, chest and hands. I have contacted a dermatologist over this and he said this is quite common condition called Lichenification.
Lichenification is a common consequence of almost every “itchy” disorder of the skin.
With prolonged rubbing or scratching, you are causing hypertrophy of the outer layer of the skin called the epidermis.
So, you shouldn’t worry about this at all. With time- it will disappear!

Hi My mom has been living with this for almost 3 years now..She has been to numerous doctors and dermatologist but no one seemed to know what it was now a GP is telling her that he believes that she has Atopic Dermatitis or Eczema. We live in the caribbean can you help us into to telling us what stops your itching and what she can use to get rid of the marks... How about giving us information on where we can find a doc if you live in the States that she can visit to see about it. Please assist us. Thank You