I have fordyce spots on my upper lip and I have discovered a simple basic cure by accident. I recently went to a wedding where I was a bridesmaid and the makeup artist used blistex lip conditioner underneath the lipstick and told me that it is the best stuff to make lipstick last. So I went home and bought myself some for $5 and I have been using it religiously since the end of June (more on before I go to bed) and bit by bit I have noticed that the spots on my lip are disappearing. I had like a really hard ridge of clusters and I am sooo happy that they are going and I am going to have gorgeous lips again. I would love someone else to give it a go and tell me whether it is just a fluke or that it really works.
I don't know about using Blistex on genitalia though, it might burn.

im always nervous that using lipstick would increase the spots on my lips :-( cuz i feel that any cosmatic product since has oil will be obserbed by my lips and cuz more and more spots :-( is this right??

Thanks for help, (would appreciate if u email me the answer)
*****

edited by moderator***emails not allowed

hey whats up im haveing the same problem with the tiny white bumps son the upper lip this is like the worst sh*t ever can u email and tell me how urs is and tell me if that blistex is working hoster4twenty@hotmail.com thanx, Eric

Raewyn, are the spots still going away....I'm 33 and have fordyce spots on my lips....How old are you Raewyn?....thanx for any info you provide

WoW I have these too...any luck folks? Help!

Hello everyone!
I wanted to let you know that I think I had the same problem. I am a dental assistant and asked the Dr. whom I was working for if she thought that the bumps on my lips were the beginning of herpes simplex virus type 1. She glanced at it and said yes it is.
It started of as tiny bumps on my upper lip with each bump about 1mm apart from the other and I had about 5 of them. So I ignored it the next day but then they seemed to beg getting worse. I had to keep licking my lips because they felt so uncomfortable. But when I finally almost convinced my self that it was the beggining of Herpes type 1, I was so upset because I've never had any cold sores on my lips.
Then finally the lab technician had given me a medicine in a little tiny pouch called ZILACTIN its got 10% alcohol, and benzylique. Its a gel form and once I put just a tiny bit on there it stung for a little bit and the alchohol really dried my lip up. I had been putting it on for maybe about 5 times that day but when the next day came I had bought some CARMEX the one that says for caker sores and dry lips.
But the middly of the day.. i couldnt believe it!!! I accidently used my lower lip to brush off my upper lip and the skin came off and there the bumps were gone!
MY SIUTATION MAY DIFFER FROM ALL OF YOURS.. CONSIDERING THAT THERE WAS NO CULTURE TAKEN FROM MY LIPS. DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU SEE YOUR DOCTOR AND THAT IS MY ADVICE.!

this sh*t is very annoying.. i didn't know that i had it until today & researched it. this sucks....

Has anyone else tried using Blistex Lip Conditioner... Raewyn how are your lips now...

thanks
Paul

I got mine at 25 and boy what a drag it has been.
Freaked out I had some heebie-jeebies ya know!?
Found out I had Fordyce spots.
What a relief yet a major drag...especially when wearing lipstick!

I'D GIVE MY RIGHT LEG FOR A CURE!

i am glad blistex works for you. i've noticed my fordyce spots about 9 years ago. i've been trying many oral care products, nothing yet has worked for me. i once used a needle to pop fordyce spots the ones that were really noticeable. there were gone for several days then came back again. now, i don't really know what to do.

Heyy there loves!..okay for all those who have fordyce spots on their lips..I can't say I've found a cure but I've found something that works AMAZING!! for me.. not to mention it will save you like soooo much money as compared to things such as Co2 laser.. ..

Treatment:

Blistex Lip Medex (In the blue pot)..like $2.00 found at any local drug store like CVS..Rite Aid..ect..at first I thought..My lips were getting really chapped from it..and I thought that was odd..but it was just a process..after two days of feeling like they were chapped..it was really the spots basically like peeling off.. it just feels like dead skin coming off..I would..and still do put a TON on at night..both on the outside of the lips and the inner lips as well..and I didn't take pictures but I can tell you they are literally almost GONE!! =) And my lips feel amazing!!..So If it doesn't work for you don't be discouraged..I didn't think it was working either..but keep with it ..for like a week or two and see how it works..hopefully this helps at least one person!! Good Luck to you all!!

xOx Ashley

I'm 17 and only just found the same bumps you all are talking about on my lips tonight. I was worried that i had caught something off a boy i kissed on the weekend, but now im hoping htat they are just the same thing that you all seem to have. Do they go with time, or is there medication??

about how old were you when you noticed your Fordyce? I am 28, and just realized I had them. thanks!

I know how to get rid of it, but let us first consider the fact/s.

Fordyce spots are actually sebaceous glands that are improperly placed in the body. This means that sebaceous glands are not supposed to be there (lips), but they are. This condition is believed to be congenital but can appear later in life.

The white "spots" are there because the sebum (oil) in the gland can't get out. so the solution is to remove or "scrape" off the surface so that the oil can.

There are topical medications that can help do this, but the most readily available is vinegar. Just apply undiluted vinegar to the affected area. Apply again as soon as the vinegar dries. Keep doing this until the lip become pale/white. The outer surface will have softened by then, help remove it by gently rubbing the surface.

However, since the sebaceous gland will always be there, treatment must be repeated. But since this is more of a cosmetic concern than medical, this may be done only on special occasions.

I have been googling all weekend. My lips have suddenly started to get these little bumps. my top lip was full of them and my bottom had a few. my mom kept saying that they were cold sores but i kept lookin at pix of cold sores and seeing them on the corners of the lips, scabby and with puss. mine don't hurt or puss. When i think about them too much i start to feel them itch. But not often. They're kind of going away. I stopped putting carmx on them cause that seemed to make my lips puff up and the bumps appear more. I haven't bought any blistex or used my regualr lip gloss. I'm afraid to put ANYTHING on my lips other than a thin layer of vaseline to keep them from being totally dry. It just feels bumpy and dry. I get super worried cause I don't know what is going on. even though my lips look like they're going back to normal. I'm at a loss of what could have caused this. I'm gonna keep reading forums and searching for more and more pictures. if anyone has any advice...reply/ or private message me. thanks.