Hi! Month ago I heard something about Forteo Injectible for Severe Osteoporosis. I have quite low BMD. What do you think is the Forteo treatment good for me! Does anyone know something about Forteo?

Hi! For cases of severe osteoporosis, where bone mineral density (BMD) is quite low and patients have already experienced fractures, a new parathyroid hormone treatment is now available that may provide additional benefits over current treatments for some patients. It is given by daily injection. Forteo is a synthetic version of parathyroid hormone, which is the body's primary regulator of calcium and phosphate in the bones. Forteo is used to treat severe osteoporosis in people at high risk for fracture. It can be used by both men and women. Forteo is a relatively new osteoporosis medication, and its long-term effects are unknown. Because of its high cost and lack of a record for use, Forteo treatment may be reserved for people with severe osteoporosis who are unable to take other medications, or for whom other medications are not effective. Possible side effects of treatment include dizziness, nausea and leg cramps.