Hello, guys. Yesterday I was looking for my friend at his house and his mother told me he had hip fracture. I thought this was reserved for the older people. Can younger people suffer from hip fracture? What do you think? I would appreciate if someone could reply to me. Bye!

Hello. You are right. Hip fractures are more common for hip fractures. However, in some cases, they can appear with younger persons. They are usually linked to some medical conditions. Lack of vitamin D is one of them. Endocrine disorders like hyperthyroidism, rheumatoid and gastrointestinal disorders which interfere with calcium and vitamin D metabolism can be blamed for hip fractures with younger persons. Nutritional disorders can also be cause. Cystic fibrosis is also an option. Bad lifestyle like heroin consummation is also one of the risks. I hope I’ve helped.

Hallo,
You have to understand that hip fractures can occur at any age. The fact is that high trauma or injury to the hip might cause hip fractures to anybody. However elderly people are more prone to hip fractures because bones and joints get weaker as you get older. How old is your friend? Did you know if he had any injuries in past period? The severe injury can easily cause someone to have a hip fracture no matter how old are they. I think that he will be fine but he will need a good physical therapy in order to get rid of the problem. I hope this helped.

All the best to you,
Karen