Hi. I feel pins in femur. A friend told me she was feeling the same and she suffers from arthritis. She feels pain in her hip. I don`t have arthritis, but I do feel hip pain. Is there anybody who could tell me what can be the cause of my problem?

Hi. There are many possible causes of hip pain. Major causes of pins you feel in your femur may include fractures and aseptic necrosis. People with osteoporosis are more likely to get a fracture. If you`ve been taking steroids for a long time, aseptic necrosis may occur. Some other causes of hip pain include arthritis, trochanteric bursitis, tendonitis, sprain, low back pain and infection. Injuries increase the risk of hip pain. Treatment of hip pain include OTC meds and anti inflammatory meds. Sometime, surgery is required. If you suffer from hip fracture or severe arthritis, hip replacement is needed.