Ever since I started the menopause, my doctor has been insisting I go and have a bone density test and when I finally did, even though I didn’t have a fractured bone since childhood, it turns out I have osteoporosis. Besides the regular supplements, I’ve been looking into other treatments for osteoporosis and not do they all seem to have very serious side effects, but they are also way too expensive. That’s why I was wandering if anyone on here was on prolia or forteo shots? All the experiences I read so far are either too good to be true, or just reporting side effects and I don’t want to spend money or suffer taking this medication because honestly, my osteoporosis hasn’t caused a single fracture yet.

If you are or have been on prolia shots, does your insurance cover it? For how long the treatment does last and, most importantly: was the prolia treatment effective for you?

Hello, rhyme.  I don't know what the cost of the Prolia shots are, but there are many side effects to consider.  Skin rashes can be possible being on Prolia.  If you will have to be diligent with your dental care because severe jaw bone problems can occur.  This medication can deplete calcium levels in your blood.  thigh bone. Symptoms of a fracture include new or unusual pain in your hip, groin, or thigh.  You would need to take supplemental calcium and vitamin D.  Some people have had severe allergic reactions from taking Prolia®. Since this medication affects your immune system, you can develop serious infections.

It is up to you on whether the side effects outway the osteoporosis. 

Has any of our forum readers ever tried Prolia and if so, did you have very many side effects with it?