Hello. I'm 37 year old male and I'm very interested to hear some useful information about one type of sugar called fructose.
I have noticed that people are eating fructose more and more and I just can't believe that this can't cause any side effects.
Just the other day I have heard that diabetics are eating corn syrup which is filled with fructose because it supposedly rise their blood sugar more slowly.
My kids are drowning in it and that’s why I'm interested to hear more about possible side effects of this sugar. There were also some kind of speculations about its effect on lipoproteins?

Hello. I'm very glad that someone thinks also about possible side effects of consuming fructose that much.
Fructose has many possible side effects and I will name you just some of them.
First of all- fructose has no enzymes, vitamins, and minerals.
Fructose ingestion in humans results in increases in blood lactic acid. You were also right about the effect on lipoproteins.
I have read that some experiments proven fructose caused a general increase in the total serum cholesterol and in the low density lipoproteins. You know what does this mean-it puts a person at risk for heart disease.