Hiya, I'm looking for a very safe peel that will offer that pick me up for the skin, you know? I'm pretty sure lactic acid is what I would like (though I'm also looking into Jessner peels as well) but I'd like it to penetrate more deeply to really see the best results possible. Without going for a more serious peel like TCA, etc. So my question is how high can you go with a lactic acid peel and what's the most it's gonna do for your skin in terms of complexion, acne reduction (which I actually don't have but others are reading too :)) and wrinkles and stuff?

TIA

Lactic acid peels are really quite mild; they're good for people with sensitive skin but also for people with dry skin. Really, this is a good chemical peel to start off with if you have never had a chemical peel before. I've seen 40% lactic acid peels for sale for home use and I'm actually considering it. Not much can go wrong as long as you follow the instructions provided with the peel and make sure you have no contraindications, which for lactic acid peels, basically there's none because its suitable for nearly every skin type. If you want stronger I think you can layer the peel.

If you are interested in a gentle peel that will still make your skin look amazing, have you looked into the VI peel at all? It's a mixture of retin-A and salicylic acid, and will get rid of acne and sun damage very nicely. There's some downtime of about a week and you actually do leave with the peel still on your face so it's important to be careful afterwards. It can be used on your neck and cleavage as well. I know you asked about lactic acid peels, but the VI peel sounds like a very good choice for you so I just thought I would mention it in case you had never heard of it before.

I'm not sure what you're asking. The highest lactic acid peel I've seen on sale (on Amazon actually) was 88%. At that point, you aren't looking at a surface level peel but a deep peel, that targets serious sun damage and wrinkles. Though you can buy it easily on the internet, that kind of peel actually does require a neutralizer to stop it and if you don't have a pro apply it you risk side effects you'd rather not have. In general though lactic acid is a good option for people who are looking for something gentler. I'd see a good salon and just ask what they think you'd benefit from rather than mess with this at home.

Hi, if you've never done a lactic acid peel I'd say go with 40% as a starting point. That percentage will do enough for your skin to make a noticeable difference even if you are hoping to minimize acne scars or something, but should still be tolerable even for sensitive skins. Lactic acid is really pretty gentle though, you can do peels like that pretty often just for skin maintenance and once you get started with these peels I say you are quite likely to keep on doing them!

Lactic acid is an alpha hydroxy acid that's great for just gentle exfoliation, which cleanses the pores really well and evens your skin tone a fair bit if you need that, making it a great option for just about anyone. It also can help get rid of dark spots caused by sun damage or other causes, and you can achieve a brighter skintone. I advise you to leave the percentage of a peel up to the cosmetologist applying it though, or you can get an exfoliator with lactic acid or a cream instead.