What? o:

Yeah, really, I heard this the other day. Stevia is pretty good as a sugar replacer, and has been gaining fame this way, appearing in pretty mainstream products including some Cola brands I think. Before stevia became trendy, it was used only by a small group of "natural minded" people. Fascinating how fast something can become that mainstreamed.

Which brings me to the topic title.

The next big thing for stevia is skincare?

Like I said, I heard this the other day, that you can reduce the appearance of wrinkles by making a stevia mask for your face. I am assuming that would be quite a sticky affair, but if it makes my skin look better, I am definitely interested!

What do other members/posters here know about stevia as an anti aging product?

:)

I have heard about that too and am quite intrigued. FWIW, you can get stevia in liquid form and I was wondering if it would be possible to add that to a facial mask, or even to a moisturizer or serum, like a vitamin C serum. Frankly I don't like the actual taste of stevia, so if I were to test out whether stevia has any anti-age effect on my particular skin, I would want a small vial, nothing too large, in case it turns out that I do not like it.

Where would you advise me to buy liquid stevia?

Hi there again, Lioness! The idea that the stevia natural sweetener could provide anti-aging effects was new to me, so I went looking. I did find some discussions about it, discussions essentially no different to the one we are having here right now. Meaning, discussions held by laypeople, not scientific studies. And that is all I found. As far as I could find, there is no evidence whatsoever that stevia offers anti-aging benefits and nor are any skincare lines offering stevia as an ingredient.

In other words, you could try putting stevia on your skin, which would be interesting, and would probably do no harm, but do not expect too much. :)

You betcha!

Stevia leaves have got exciting ingredients like vitamin C, A, potassium, magnesium, and calcium and can be used to help treat conditions like sebhorreic dermatitis, which is a really sucky dandruff like skin condition, can help with eczema, and even reduce inflammation and scarring. It also reduces acne and yeah... wrinkles. According to people who are selling stevia skincare anyways (Google it, don't wanna sound like a salesperson here).

Anyways I suspect that stevia will become more and more popular in skincare in the next years because why not? Of course it's also in shampoos, and not to mention toothpastes as well. Anti-ageing for your gums, LOL.

Gee, I have been stevia instead of sugar for a long time, even when it was illegal in my country I ordered it off the internet so I would not have to use sugar because sugar gives me a terrible skin rash. I also used to order stevia based tooth paste so I do know about that. But now I read this I am really interested in this anti aging description. I had no idea that stevia was used in skincare at all and I definitely want less wrinkles. Have you tried it yourself and how long have you been using it? Thanks, I'd really love to hear more.

Pickle

Hi, I have never heard of using stevia as an antiwrinkle product or as something incorporated into antiwrinkle products, but I do know that sugar is incredibly aging to the skin if you use it in large quantities, and often those who consume most sugar also refrain from making sure they get all their vitamins and mineral because they are eating processed diets. Those who use stevia on the other hand are more likely to generally be conscious of what a healthy diet means. So I am not surprised if people who consume stevia look younger. But that might be a matter of indirect rather than direct benefit.

Apparently it is. They put stevia in sorts of facial creams now. I have been using stevia for a long time now, way before it started becoming popular, and that was internal consumption mind you, instead of regular sugar, and I have to say if stevia does fight wrinkles, I haven't noticed. But what I can definitely see is that sugar is irritating and bad for the body, and it might speed up aging. So not taking that is always a good idea, and stevia can definitely help with that. I have not tried any of the skincare products with stevia mind you.