I had chance to learn that Lotrel is indicated for the treatment of hypertension. I have also realized that in using Lotrel, consideration should be given to the fact that an ACE inhibitor. At my friend, captopril has caused agranulocytosis, since he was a patient with renal impairment. That is why I found Lotrel interesting to me and I want to hear more about this drug. Can you tell me more facts about this medicine, even those you might find not so much interesting?

First, I think you should conclude that Lotrel is ACE inhibitor. Presumably, because angiotensin-converting enzyme inhibitors affect the metabolism of eicosanoids and polypeptides, patients receiving Lotrel may experience some adverse reactions. Off course, the same as with any other similar medicine, some of these side effects could appear as serious. These reactions usually occur after one of the first few doses of the Lotrel. However, they sometimes do not appear until after months of therapy with Lotrel. I believe you would be interested to hear some of these adverse effects with usage of Lotrel. Angioedema of the face, extremities, lips, tongue, glottis, and larynx has been reported in patients treated with this medicine. Interesting is that angioedema associated with laryngeal edema can be fatal at some patients, so doctors should take care about this. If anything similar to these side effects occurs, treatment with Lotrel should be discontinued and appropriate therapy instituted immediately. Beside this side effect, Lotrel can cause symptomatic hypotension, which is also serious side effect.