I was diagnosed with Gillian years ago. However, I am still dealing with the ramifications. My Gillian affected my brain. I lost all of my memory. It took at least 2 years to fill many gaps. It also robbed me of a natural chemical balance. My neuroligist called me a "yellow pigeon." I thought that made me important. Nah, after a couple of years I was just another GBS victim. To make a long story short, I became very depressed. My body refused to kick start itself into gear. At my worst I could not walk or talk. I thought that I was going to die. Right now, if cold air hits my throat I can not breathe. I simply choke up. My right hand is always numb. It does what I want it to do, but it is numb. I have a very limited attention span. My short term memory has been affected. I know that it is not supposed to affect the brain, but mine did. I had to take some time off from work, but I am now a full time Special Ed teacher. I do a fantastic job. That I know ~ from students and staff. Yeah, I believe them. I wish that I could live prescription drug free. All the best to you guys. Betty

I WAS DIAGNOSED WITH GBS 3WKS AGO. MY HANDS AND FEET ARE NUMB, THE WORST IS MY RIGHT HAND. I ALSO HAVE HORRIBLE NERVE PAIN, THE WORST IS IN THE MORNING. I FEEL LIKE I'M FALLING APART. I AM A SINGLE MOM OF A 21 MONTH OLD. MY FAMILY IS UNSUPPORTIVE. THEY THINK I SHOULD HAVE BEEN BETTER IN 2WKS. IT ISSO PAINFUL JUST TYPING THIS. I NEED SOMEONE TO TALK TO, WHO UNDERSTANDS.
PLEASE SOMEONE GET IN TOUCH BARBRA