My girlfriend, 18 years old, and I had a condom burst during sex and although I didn't "finish" and ejaculate in the condom I dont know 100% if there was any pre-ejaculation in the condom (which from what I've heard and read, can still cause pregnancy) she use to weigh less than 110 pounds and in around three weeks or so she is now 120lbs.  She also started taking the pill about three days after the condom incident.  She is scared to take a home test and she has started mild/medium vaginal bleeding and I'm worried that, if she is pregnant, the pill could harm the baby. Although I am only 19, if I have a baby on the way I wouldn't want anything to happen to my child and I definitely want the baby.  Can anyone please help?

Hi Guest,

How long ago did this happen?  Three weeks?

She can take a home pregnancy test as soon as two weeks after having sex, three is better.  Be sure that she uses her very first morning urine (wakeup urine) for best results.  Birth control pills will not alter the results.  FYI, sometimes the tests DO NOT work.  When is her period due?

Normally, precum is considered NOT to contain sperm if you have not recently ejaculated-as in since the last time you urinated.  Otherwise, it likely will contain precum.

With any sexual contact however, there is the chance of pregnancy.

Thank you for the help!