I had sex 2 weeks ago... took the morning after pill the next day (late afternoon) had absolutely no side effects from it... but then, a week later I started to spot, boobs started to get sore - and have been spotting for a week now... and my boobs are still sore. really emotional too. took a preg test, but technically i'd only be 2 weeks pregnant if i were... when is the soonest a blood test could show if i am pregnant or not? and i don't get my period until the 17th of this month... so... i had sex during my high ovulation time as well. also - this isn't the first time ive taken the MAP either... 2nd time, but have NEVER spotted a week after taking it... feeling quite confused. took a preg test, but showed up neg. was told it was too early to take it and would have to wait until after my period is to start...

Blood tests can detect a pregnancy earlier than a home pregnancy test. They can detect it about 7-12 days from possible conception and can also measure the concentration of human chorionic gonadotropin hormone in your blood. This can be very helpful information for your doctor in tracking certain problems in pregnancy. If you suspect any symptoms of pregnancy like delayed menstrual period, breast tenderness, pelvic pain, irregular spotting or vomiting, you must get a pregnancy blood test done to confirm or rule out pregnancy. Best of luck to you and please keep us posted. You will get a lot of great advice here and be able to share with others who are going through a similar experience.