Hi All! Many of the stories I am reading sound similar to what I have experienced. I had ovulated the first week of August and wasn't due for my period until the 21st. However, on August 8th (a whole week early) I spotted a small amount of brownish stuff (just needed a panty liner, so I thought it might be implantation. Then the next day it got a little heavier like my period was starting but it was more of a pinkish color and thiner/runnier than usual. But then the next 3 days it was so light that I didn't need to were anything - just very light brown spots when I would wipe. This is very unusual for me. I have been off of the pill for over a year and my period is usually the same every month and always on time. We have been TTC for 2 months now. Could this early period have actually been implantation? I took a test a day after the spotting stopped and it was neg. I never got a period this past weekend like I was expecting. I am going to wait until this coming weekend to test again. I know many people have posted questions about their spotting but nobody follows up their post to say how they made out with future tests....just wondering what other people have experienced and if they were pregnant or not....if so, how long did it take after the spotting before a test showed positive?

If this is implantation bleeding, when can I test to see if I am pregnant?
Home pregnancy tests are based on a very simple principle. They work by through the detection of the hormone Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in a woman’s urine. This hormone is a hormone secreted by the developing placenta shortly after a fertilized egg has been implanted in the uterine lining.

If a woman is pregnant, the amount of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin (hCG) in her system should be around 25 mIU at 10 dpo (days past ovulation), 50 mIU at 12 dpo, 100 mIU at around two weeks dpo. Because of their high sensitivity factor ( 20 mIU/ml hCG ) in detecting human hCG, both the AimStrip pregnancy tests can confirm pregnancy as early as 6-8 days past ovulation though most women find that the test reports a positive at 9 or 10 days past ovulation.

Thanks for replying. So, I take it if I ovulated the first week of the month and we are now approaching the end of the month, chances are that what I had experienced was indeed an early period and not implantation bleeding, so I most likely am not pregnant? (I just took another test and it was negative)

im really interested in knowing if you are going to test again because i had the same exact thing only i havnt had a period since june 23 wich was 45 days ago. the spotting occured wed-fri off and on last week. i took two tests one thursday and one sunday. both negative. i have a feeling i tested too early? i also experienced a dizzy spell today as well and it was not from a lack of eating or anything i did so idk.