The first day of my last period was 1/7/07. I had some brown spotting for less than a day on 1/19/07. I am assuming that that was implantation blood and that I am pregnant. I am hoping so - I took a test on 1/21 because I am impatient and it was negative. I have heard that it takes 6-8 days after implantation to have at least 25 hcgs.... Is this true - when should I test again.

yea, although tests claim accuracy 14 days after ovulation, in reality it will be a further 7 days for the average woman to show up positive for pregnancy. (so perhaps try 21 Days Post ovulation)

or you could get an Early response test - Clearblue early response is good. they are designed to pick up positive results earlier, so I suppose they'd be more sensitive.

good luck!!!!!

Thank you - I will look into Clearblue easy and try to be patient. :-D

The key is to be patient and we don't know how to do that.

That is normal, there is no reason to be worried.

I asked my gynecologist the same question one day.

She told me that a blood pregnancy test is usually positive 3-4 days after implantation.

When it comes to urine pregnancy hCG test is usually positive several days later or about  4-5 days after implantation.

This somehow should be your guide for the future.

At least, it is for me. 

This early pregnancy test becomes positive only after the fertilized egg has arrived inside the uterus and implanted into the uterus.

Then, they sent enough amounts of hCG.

If your test is negative and you still suspect on pregnancy - DOCTOR!

So did you take the test???? What was the result????

It was negative. o.O

how do i know if im pregnant my situation is similiar but a bit more confusing! my fully last menstral was on 3.27.08....and i had intercourse on 4.13.08 and the next day i had like one drop of blood...and like the next week for 3 days i was spotting brown suff! and i took 2 pregnancy tests, a blood and a urine test, both negative! and on MAY 9, 10th ..im bleeding again but not normal as it usually should extremly light each day! plzz help :'( :-( %-)

If you're bleeding and pregnancy tests are showing up neg. then it could be one of two things...either you're pregnant and you don't have enough of the hormone to detect yet, or you're hormones are screwed up and this will give you the same symptoms as pregnancy! Take another test.

ok we.. my last period was feb 19 2010.. it says i ovulated mar 1-7 i had unprotected sex all of those days and eachoth time he cam in me.. could i be pregnant? i mean my period is not due till mar 19.. this calendar for preg women say if i am im 3 weeks.. and in 3 weeks im supposed to bleed a lil called implantation.. and boom today i had a lil blood.. its weird cuz 2 days before my other per.. i bled a lil.. so im wpndering if its all in my head or could i be? when should i take a test.. cuz i wanna sooo bad today please help.

I found this the most useful thing i could find on the internet:

***edited by moderator*** web addresses not allowed

April 19, 2010 - posted by Dr Amos

A pregnancy test becomes positive only after the fertilized egg has first implanted into the uterus and then sent enough amounts of hCG, human chorionic gonadotropin, the pregnancy hormone, into your blood stream and from there into the urine.

Implantation, when the fertilized egg implants into the endometrium, happens about a week after ovulation (range: 6-12 days), and it takes another 3-4 days after implantation (9-16 dpo: days after ovulation) for the blood pregnancy test to first become positive, followed 2-3 days later by the urine test, the home pregnancy test (HPT).

Blood Pregnancy test: If you are pregnant then the blood pregnancy test is usually positive within 3-4 days after implantation or about 9-10 days after fertilization and ovulation.
Urine (Home HPT) Pregnancy Test: The urine pregnancy test will usually not become positive until 2-3 days after the blood test, and in most women until a missed period or about a week after implantation. Many manufacturers of urine pregnancy tests want you to believe that the urine test is usually positive before a missed period, but only about 25% of pregnant women will test positive with the HPT 2 days before a missed period, and about 40% the day before the missed period.
The wide variation of when the urine pregnancy test becomes positive and how early can pregnancy be detected are due to four variables which determine when the home urine pregnancy test becomes positive:

1. Timing of Implantation
A pregnancy test detects the presence of the pregnancy hormone hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) either in the blood or in the urine. The hCG in the urine comes from the hCG in the blood after it was filtered through the kidney. After ovulation, the egg gets fertilized and travels through the fallopian tube toward the uterus. This travel takes an average of a week. Implantation, the attachment of the fertilized egg in the lining of the uterus, occurs on average about a week or later after ovulation/fertilization, but it can happen as early as six days and as late as 12 days after fertilization/ovulation. At the time of implantation the placenta starts making the pregnancy hormone hCG, which then enters the blood stream. How early pregnancy can be detected depends on the pregnancy hormone hcG which can be detected in the blood about three to four days after implantation. Urine hCG can be detected about two to three days after blood hCG can first be seen. Detection of hCG depends on timing of implantation, so hCG can normally be detected in the blood between nine and 16 days after ovulation (HPT: 12-19 days after ovulation).

2. Blood hCG Level
There is a wide normal variation of hCG levels, both in the blood and the urine and this wide range changes the diagnosis of how early can pregnancy be detected. If a woman has low blood hCG levels, for example, then it can take several more days for it to show up on a pregnancy test.

3. Urine hCG Level
Urine hCG levels change over the course of the day depending on how much you drink and how diluted or concentrated the urine is. Urine pregnancy testing is best done with more concentrated urine. So how early can pregnancy be detected depends on the urine concentration. If you drink a lot of fluid, the urine may be too diluted early on in pregnancy to achieve an hCG concentration adequate enough for a positive test.

4. Sensitivity of Urine Home Pregnancy Test
Different pregnancy tests have different sensitivities and that has an impact on how early can pregnancy be detected. The lower the sensitivity, the earlier a pregnancy test becomes positive. Sensitivities are indicated in mIU/mL, the lowest amount of hCG in the urine that tests positive. A sensitivity of 20 mIU/mL requires one-half the hCG level to be positive when compared with a 40 mIU/mL sensitivity level, and it may become positive several days earlier than the pregnancy test with a higher sensitivity. Make sure you read the package of the pregnancy test to determine your pregnancy test's sensitivity.

I had my retrieval a wk ago today and my body has went thru compete hell since.. The doc retrieved 52 eggs and 38 were useable :-) This is my 1st round of ICSI as my husb is older w/lower sperm count.. Anywho so I had a 5d transfer two days ago.. My sched blood test is next Sun.. A wk from today and I was not so smart and took a test today and it was NEG.. I was a lil down but knowing the embyros only been in me for 2 days what did I expect.. My ?? tho.. Last pm while wiping.. I wiped this small very tan circle pea size sticky thing. It was gross.. This was not the average clear/whit discharge.. I'm worried that it fell out.. My husbands a doc but not a gyno and he says its prob normal but Im freakin out just a lil bit.. Thoughts please???

Hi All,

My last period was May 11th-18th..this was my first period after my miscarriage. :( On 6/22/11 i had light spotting, and again today. I took a HPT and it was negative. Is it too soon to check? How long should I wait to check again? Any thoughts or advice? 

I think I was pregnant and lost it because I started cramping really bad and then I pass a clot the size of an orange. It's been about two and a half weeks since that happened and about 4 days ago I had a very light pinkish discharge. I thought my period was about to start, but it hasn't, and I have no cramping, no sore breast, no symptoms of any sort. Is this a sign I could be pregnant?

i to had a miscarriage with my first baby on 6/17/2012 still no period had some very lite pink stuff when i wipe on 7/14/2012 could i be pregnant again

I to had a miscarriage 07/14/2011 and my so so called fiancee gave me chlamydia shortly after cheating on me with another girl. I got treated for it and I have been having irregular menstrual visits but they do range between 30-35 days. I am ttc since 08/08/2012 having sex every week been that I'm not 100% sure on ovulation days. I did have what seemed like a period on 09/03/2012 that only lasted 3 days (normally its 7 days long). Well on September 9, 2012 I notice a thick sticky clear orderless vaginal discharge with some pinkish blood in it. The bleeding stopped already and I took a pregnancy test. If I'm correct I shouldn't be getting a period till October 4, 2012.