I really need some advice, I have a really irregular period and possible PCOS (Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome). I had unprotected sex on 8/27/2012 and immediately took the Day after pill probably around 10 hrs after having the unprotected sex. My questions are: Does the day after pill decrease in it's ability to prevent pregnancy the more you use it, and how long after unprotected sex should I take a pregnancy test where it is accurate, since my periods are so irregular? Please get back to me as soon as possible because this is driving me crazy! Also as far as a blood test goes for pregnancy how long after unprotected sex are blood tests accurate? Any answers would be greatly appreciated. Thank you...

*no the day after pill effective does not decrease the more you take it. You shouldnt over take medication but 1 pills last for up to 72 hours.  After having unprotected sex, u should wait atleast 3 weeks for a pregnancy test or get a bvlood test orderd immediately by a doctor...blood test are more efficient and pregnancy can be detected earlier rather than taking a home pregnancy test. if you rather wait tuntil you miss yourfirst period, u can than take a test immediately. i know evryone body isdifferent butthis opinion is based on pass experiences ,i hope this info is helpful to u

I also have irregular periods and was wondering the same thing because I'm trying to conceive #2. To help answer your question, the effectiveness of the "morning after pill" doesn't decrease with frequent use, however the drug isn't intended for continual use and isn't guaranteed 100%.  The pills have high levels of synthetic progesterone that is said to disrupt your cycle, kill off sperm or make it more difficult for the egg to implant.  For the reason of disrupting your cycle alone is enough for me to think that it isn't safe to use as a permanent form of birth control if you are.

I've been told that 10-14 days is the earliest that you're able to test for pregnancy because it takes about 7-10 days for implantation to take place.  It's after implantation takes place that the hormone HCG-Human Chorionic Gonadotropin) that pregnancy tests look for will be present.  However, since our cycles aren't regular, it might be safe to take a test in 2 weeks, then another a week or two later.