Hi, I had my last HCG injection two days ago, as part of infertility therapy. I am very curious to perform a pregnancy test. But, I guess it will show false BFP, because of hormones in my blood. How long do I have to wait to perform a BFP after HCG trigger?

Hi, since home pregnancy tests (HPTs) are designed to detect HCG hormone. HCG is human chorionic gonadotropin, a hormone produced by the placenta during pregnancy. If you were given Profasi, Pregnyl or Novarel injection, as part of infertility treatment, the hormone will take about five to 14 days to clear from the blood stream. Depending on dosage you were given, you should wait 14 days after a 10,000 IU injection, 10 days after a 5,000 IU injection, or 7 days after a 2,500 IU injection. If you test too soon, you might get a false positive. However, two consecutive quantitative HCG beta blood tests can be used to determine pregnancy. If the level increases by the second test, it is a sign of pregnancy.