My and my BF had unprotected sex two days before I ovlated. I started to cramp. I was due for my period on that next friday but I start bleeding on that wedesday. It was a pinkish/red color and it was lightier than normal. It lasted for six days and it stopped. I took three test and they all was negative. I tried to think of the bleeding as my period but it has stopped and my breast are still swelling and sore, i am still cramping, tired, and sick to the stomach and it is still contiuned five days later. I went to the doctor they said they do not know whats going on but i feel I am pregnant. my question is could I be pregnant even if the tests is negative? It only been 5 days since the bleeding stopped so what can i do to find out and how long should I wait? I had a pelvic exam and my doctor test me, and i took two at home. I am not trying to get pregnant so I know it is not in my mind.

Home pregnancy tests are around 97% accurate when done correctly. However, a blood test is more accurate, but not necessarily more sensitive. The results depend a lot on the lab, methodology and technique of the blood test performed.

A quantitative blood test, usually called a beta human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test, measures the exact units of hCG in the blood. That means it will detect even the most minimal level. There is another type of blood test sometimes called a qualitative human chorionic gonadotropin (hCG) test. This is a test that simply gives a yes or no answer to whether you are pregnant.

And above all else, lets not forget stress and the human body. It can also produces some of the changes you have described above.