I am looking for information about Hashimoto's thyroiditis treatment and its effect, more precisely whether Hashimoto's thyroiditis treatment really has shown to halt the disease and prevent it from advancing further. I do have my suspicions that it does not really work and with the side effects, I am now considering coming off meds altogether.

i don't know which treatment you are talking about, but, Low dose Naltrexone can Cure it-the thyroxine will just replace the hormones (not CURE the problem) and, if you are suffering with a terribly inflamed thyroid and throat, then erythromycin will take that away- 

Patty, have you used Low dose naltrexone? I've been reading about it lately and am wondering if it really works as some claim, or if it is just another scam/fad. Thanks!

Are you talking about taking medication like Levoxyl or Synthroid, etc.? I don't know your age, but if you stop taking the medication, you are going to quickly develop issues that could have serious consequences. Such as if you are trying to become pregnant, or are pregnant, if you don't take the medication you could be unable to conceive, or suffer a miscarriage. Without the medication, or if your levels change and your med levels need to be changed, you could feel the onset of significant symptoms such as exhaustion, brain fog, extreme intolerance to heat/cold, etc., Please discuss with your endocrinologist before discontinuing any thyroid medication. Thanks, and good luck!