Hi knowledgeable folks! After reading some sensible advice given on this forum, I decided to join here myself! I have a question for you, about Hashimoto's thyroiditis and its connection to other diseases. I know there has been a lot of research in this area, and I would like to ask if there has been any proof that Hashimoto's thyroiditis is related to muscle atrophy?
Thanks for any answers! See you soon!

Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is autoimmune disease. In the process of disease the thyroid gets destroyed by immune cells, to be precise with antibodies.

Hashimoto’s thyroiditis has many symptoms and muscle weakness is one of them. The thing is that if your Hashimoto’s thyroiditis is left untreated it can lead to muscle failure. And as we know the hart is a muscle, it can easily come to your heart failure. This is why this is a life threatening disease. How long are you suffering from Hashimoto’s thyroiditis? What medications do you use? If you are noticing weakness in your muscles despite the fact that you are using medication, you need to consult your doctor and see about changing to other medication.