Hello! My doctor told me that I have the following problem. What I want to know something basic about it. I have addison's and hashimoto's disorder. I am not so aware how much is dangerous if I do not use proper therapy? Is somebody knows what could be the efficient treatment for my case? I am looking to see your suggestion. Thanks for any respond.

Hi there! Treatment for Addison's disease involves replacing the missing cortisol, sometimes in the form of hydrocortisone tablets, or prednisone tablets in a dosing regimen that mimics the physiological concentrations of cortisol. Alternatively one quarter as much prednisolone may be used for equal glucocorticoid effect as hydrocortisone. Treatment must usually be continued for life. In addition, many patients require fludrocortisone as replacement for the missing aldosterone. Caution must be exercised when the person with Addison's disease becomes unwell with infection, has surgery or other trauma, or becomes pregnant. In such instances, their replacement glucocorticoids, whether in the form of hydrocortisone, prednisone, prednisolone, or other equivalent, often need to be increased. Hypothyroidism caused by Hashimoto's Thyroiditis is treated with thyroid hormone replacement agents such as levothyroxine or desiccated thyroid extract. A tablet taken once a day generally keeps the thyroid hormone levels normal. In most cases, the treatment needs to be taken for the rest of the patient's life. In the event that hypothyroidism is caused by Hashimoto's Thyroiditis, it is recommended that the TSH levels be kept under 3.0. As long as the patient's thyroid is active, the body will continue to attack it[4], and this can wreak havoc on the patient's TSH levels and symptoms. I had my thyroid gland totally removed six years ago. Now I'm taking levothyroxine and it's going to last for the rest of my life. I live normally with that, I have no other health related problems because of that. Trust me you don't want to be without your therapy. I experienced it for three months and it felt like I was a plant and not a human. I hope this will help you.