Hi, is there any relation between hashimotto’s thyroiditis and abdominal pain? My mom is in great pain, and I am getting more concerned.

Hi, my sister has diagnose of Hashimoto's but she doesn’t have a high TSH number. She didn’t know about it, before she went to doctor for the reason of fatigue, muscle aches, and extreme weight gain. She has now very disciplined exercise routine, such as running and aerobics 5 or even 6 days a week. She never had any abdominal pain additionally. She has super low dose of thyroid replacement, because of her Hashi/autoimmune problem. Maybe, you are having some transient problems.

Hallo,
If I am not mistaking Hashimoto's disease is a form of chronic thyroiditis. Hashimoto's disease is a condition that can occur in any age but it is most often seen in middle aged women. The main cause if when your immune system attacks your thyroid gland. The symptoms that are most often accompanied by Hashimoto's disease are constipation, mild weight gain, irregular periods in women and hair loss. So the pain that you are experiencing in your abdomen might be caused by constipation which is caused by Hashimoto's disease. I think that your best option is to start a hormone replacement therapy. But first you will have to discuss this with your doctor to find the appropriate doses.