Hello, I am a 19 year old female, and I recently went off birth control (nuvaring) because it killed my sex drive. we've been using protection, but my last period was very very light, and hardley lasted more than a few days, and latley my nipples have been so sore and very sensitive, I dont know if i should take a pregnancy test, or if maybe its just a side affect from stopping my birthcontrol (nuvaring). Any comments and answers will be greatly appreciated!!! ?

You never know with these hormones! They were killing me too. I had to take them because of my polycystic ovary and they took all my energy away. Besides not having any sexual desire, I was fatigue all the time, moody, had cramps, breakthrough bleeding…..you name it, I suffered from it while on bc pills.

Once I got of them, all my troubles went away. Not immediately though. I guess it took some time for the hormones to settle down. As far as I know, it is raise in estrogen that causes breast sensitivity but I suppose that hormonal fluctuation (going up and down in amount) could be causing it too.

If you think that there are chances you got pregnant, then you should do the test two weeks after suspected intercourse.

If you are around your ovulation or about to get your period, there are also hormonal fluctuations going on and the nipple pain could be a consequence.

If you start having any kind of discharge, itching, flaking, redness, etc….then you should see a doctor right away as it may be due to infection.

THANKYOU!!! i've been checking this so much to see if anyone answered! I really didnt have problems when I was on the birth control,- it actually was nice because it made my period regular, and my cramps not as bad. The only problems I ran into was like you said -MAJOR loss of sex drive!! thats why I finally went off it. Im nowhere near my period now, so it maybe its just my body regulating itself again, I dont know?? Did you find anything to help with the pain? The lightest touch makes them feel like they are tearing or something. I havent had any itching, discharge, ect. though.
THANKYOU FOR RESPONDING! :-P

No, i didn't take anything for the pain, i just put up with it. I took them for three months and i am glad i am off. I hope your discomfort subsides soon.

Best of luck, Lori

I have been off Nuvaring for about 2 weeks now and my breasts are really sore too! It's mainly my nipples... it feels like they're pierced (but they're not!) Like when I brush them i feel pain in my nipple and it almost deels like my whole breast but i think thats just because the pain is intense.

I was really concerened about being pregnant (i dont want to be) and am already nervous about my descision to stop the nuvaring. i've had an abortion before and breast pain was the big "clue" that i was pregnant.

I know hormones do crazy different things to everyone and it's hard to gauge for sure thats what it is from, but it makes me feel better that someone else is expiriencing this too. Is it possible to even get pregnant in the second week off the ring? (the first wek off counted as my period week)

If anyone else has ever had this problem, i am very interested to hear about it.

Thanks everyone,
Jenn

i also just recently stopped the nuva ring due to extreme moodiness, fatigue, and complete loss of sex drive. (my husband keeps joking with me that i am a completely different person and we have decided against going back on any type of hormonal birth control) About a week and a half after stopping the nuvaring (2 1/2weeks if you include the week i had my peiod), my breast became very sensitive. They have been this way for a solid week. I am not due to get my next period for another week. The thought that i may be pregnant has crossed my mind although i would have thought it early to have symptoms of pregnancy just one week following my period. Perhaps it is my body adjusting to the new balance of hormones, but i never recalled having sensitivity associated with my cycle prior to using hormonal contraceptives. Perhaps this is just one of the side effects of stopping nuvaring??

It was so nice to read that other women are going through the same thing. I quit the Nuva Ring because it completly killed my sex drive. Recently my nipples have been very painful. Even wearing a bra is uncomfortable. But, is it safe to not be taking any birthcontrol if I have Polycystic Ovaries?

I just want someone to help me i feel like im pregant i got my period around the same time every month and i took a test and it came out negative. but im sick all the time everytime i eat i thow it back up. my chest hurts they also have little bumps around them i also see my stomach moving sometimes. i have light headaches can someone tell me what should i do

THE SAME EXACT THING is happening to me! The Nuvaring KILLED my sex drive and I had a bunch of other serious problems assosciated with the nuvaring. After going off of it my nipples were so sore for a week that I didn't even want to put a bra on. I just went off the nuvaring on March 1st and after my first period week off of it I haven't had my period since then and I've been really stressed about it. Thank god this is happening to someone else though. I've been worried I was pregnant but I think now that it's probably just my body adjusting to the change in hormones.

Wow, I havent checked my posts in a long time.. but I am very happy to see that I wasnt the only one going through all that. (not that I am happy you guys went through it too!!) ;-) But, I really did feel like something bad was going on with me... For anyone else having this problem... I hope some of the info on here eased your minds! I did continue to have nipple pain and sensitivity for a few weeks after I went off the nuvaring... then it went away and I eventually got my period. My sex drive didnt really come back for several months.. slowly but surely I have became myself again. Those must just be some common side effects of the nuvaring. <????>My period however, and unfortunately is back to being irregular... PAIN in the butt!! Has anyone here that used the nuvaring in the past had problems getting pregnant after using it??? ?

i went off the nuvaring a couple weeks ago & my nipples are really sore & sensitive too! i was scared i was pregnant but this made me feel a lot better! thanks!

p.s. i can't believe the ring killed everyones sex drive! it increased mine! i guess you win some & lose some!

It's so nice to see all these posts! I just quit NuvaRing about a week and half ago and my nipples are soooo sore that I don't want to put a bra on. From what I am seeing here, it looks like this may be a common thing. But, I will tell you, my sex drive was much better on NuvaRing than it ever was on the pill. I started the NuvaRing because of the loss of sex drive and the nausea - I never had any trouble with the ring. Except for the last two months I was on it, it would slip down during intercourse and create a painful rubbing! Not fun! Best of luck to everyone out there dealing with this - I feel your pain, quite literally! :-D

I also just got off of Nuvaring and my nipples are KILLING ME!!  I am miserable.  And I am very MOODY and hard to live with right now.  Anyone have any suggestions?  I thought maybe there is something over the counter that could help control the hormones.

I got off nuva ring almost two months ago - about 3 weeks off the ring i got sore nipples, cramping, stomich aches.. That lasted about two weeks then i started spotting - that only lasted 2 days then my nipples started to feel better and the cramping got lighter. 1 month and 3 weeks later i got an actual period. Alot of the symptoms match pregnancy - late period - spotting - cramping - sweaty but cold - acne - weird stomach pains ( lower and upper) - my vagina swelled up and got really sore and hurt to have sex.

There is an essential oil blend from doterra called clarycalm. - it helped my sex drive alot and it helps to balance hormones also.