Right, that topic title there pretty much says it all. I'm quite sure I've mentioned/banged on about this before, but yeah, I got nearly no eyebrows of my own due to overplucking back in my teens and I really gotta draw them on because there's like nothing there otherwise and I basically look like some kinda alien. Not charming, LOL!!! But the thing is, the stuff I accomplish at home don't look all that great either. Not like makeup artists and stuff.

So my question is, have you nailed the perfect brows at home? Is that actually possible? If your answer is YES, how do you do it?

TIA

Oh, there's a whole "science" around that! You know: eyebrows should begin right above the tear duct, be at their highest point where your outer iris is, and then point down until you achieve a 45 degree angle. If you're really into it, you'd use eyebrow pencil to create the illusion of eyes and then a gel to give the whole thing more color. You also brush the hairs in question up with a tiny brush. Me, well, I want my eyebrows to look decent so I tried all this but I liked something I read on this site a while back: your brows are sisters, not twins. Also, getting your brows right is an art, not a science. (I just made that one up, that last one. It's true though.)

I'm going to give you the same advice I just dished out on another thread: watch some videos.

Is achieving perfect eyebrows at home possible? That depends on your definition of perfection, I suppose! In my opinion, there is always room for improvement and implementing some of the techniques you see within tutorials, and trying again and again, even if it is not that great at first, helps with that. So does watching pros do your makeup.

Overplucked eyebrows can look rather perfect with the right tools but you have to know how to use them too. Have you considered a course? I think I might. Then again, you could look into getting them tattooed. Some of that looks very natural now.

Celebrity

If I honestly wanted the perfect eyebrows every day and had the wish to spend spare cash on that (I'm still debating it), I'd choose microblading myself. In this technique, your provider "draws" each "hair" on separately using a tiny scalpel, then infuses it with pigment. It wears off, if I understand correctly, after a year and a half or so, meaning that if eyebrow fashion trends change radically, you are not forever stuck with something you hate or doomed to undergo laser treatment.

I am getting handier with an eyebrow gel and nice slanted brush, but perfect? Nah, couldn't say that!

Rosie

Well, my eyebrows are pretty tick and bushy naturally so there isn't much I need to do. I use eyebrow pencil lightly and call it a day. Perfect? There's no such thing. But I don't think I look embarrassing or anything, either. There are SO MANY different products that cosmetics companies want you to have these days. Just look at all the products Benefit puts out. Sure, they look cool, but I honestly don't feel I need all of that. It doesn't occur to me to use five or six different products on my eyebrows every day. I'd spend all day in front of the mirror!

Not for me, nope. I make do with the skills I have and look OK by the end, but to say that I'm really good at doing eyebrows? That's just not true. I did watch all the tutes and they did help me get better. Plus those eyebrow products? I am really happy that the world has moved on some from just pencils, because the gel I have is great and lasts all day long. I use that for effect and then draw the hairs on as well. With a very sharpened pencil. In a darker color than the gel. I do think I have got the arch pretty perfect now, but I can still do a lot better.

"PERFECT"?

That is one big word!

I am a bust woman and I don't have hours to get it right, so I go for "good enough" myself and I think I have learned to do a pretty great job with my eyebrows if I say so myself. Yes, I fall into the "non-existent eyebrows" category as well. I have light blond hair, naturally, and my brows are thick but just not that visible. Light brown pencil followed up with some powder does the trick for me. I just use normal powdered eyeshadow in a shade that works for me. Gel in advance, to make sure it all sticks. It looks pretty good, definitely an improvement compared to my natural eyebrows. Isn't that what matters?

Another one in favor of microblading here. I actually had it done and it looks fantastic. Londongirl, since you say that you nearly have no eyebrow hairs of your own left and aren't too handy with eyebrow makeup, you honestly sound like the perfect candidate for microblading! It isn't cheap, but not ridiculously expensive either, and it does fade with time. Because the technique mimics the appearance of real hairs, the end result is very natural. It saves a lot of time getting ready in the morning, though I honesty do throw a bit of brow gel in sometimes (but it is not necessary.)

Lots of replies! Thanks people, wasn't really expecting that! At the same time though I have to say, this is all more of the same with regards to techniques. I'm so not a morning person and when I get up and get ready to go to work, I don't have ages to spend on my brows, nor do I fancy getting up even earlier to get that all done. For a night out? Sure, that's when I'll experiment. Mornings? Nah. Mind you, I do wanna look decent. So yeah, perhaps that microblading really is for me. I looked it up and it looks awesome and to be honest the thought that it fades is comforting. I'm gonna go see what that costs near me. Loads, I'd imagine, but perhaps that's worth it. These brows have been doing my head in for years!

Perfect angles in relation to other things, perfect length, all that stuff, all that math stuff. That's just not for me. Getting your eyebrows right is more an art than a science. I have mostly used products by NYX to do my brows. There is a little set that comes with wax and two different colors that you apply with a little brow brush, also included, that is cool. Their eyebrow pencils are also good. I've also used brow gel in a tube, which is waterproof and really long lasting, and another more powdery formulation called Tame And Frame, which I like but not quite as much.

Bump for the new girl!