My friend has a big problem. Her son had a skull fracture few weeks ago. He is better now and she is hoping that he will be totally ok very soon. But I’m not sure that you can recover so soon after skull fracture. Can somebody tell me something about problems after skull fracture?

Unfortunately, even those people with mild head injuries may take a surprisingly long time to recover fully. They can suffer from headache, loss of concentration, tiredness and depression many weeks after, even months. Then they can not function normally. Of course, they need to rest and listen to everything that doctor told them to do.

Hi there,
It depends on many things. Now you have to tell her that this really depends on the type of skull fracture and the severity of the fracture as well. Some fractures are not that serious and all that you can notice is the headache after the trauma. Can you tell me more about the fracture that your friend’s son had? Has he seen a doctor and what did the doctor told him? Did he had any bleeding from his head? Skull fractures are very serious injury and must be approached with caution. I hope that her son will be better and that he won’t have any side effects later in life.

All the best
Danella

When i was 7 i fell from a trailer and hit concrete the doctor told my mom i cracked it front to back and i may not make it threw the night i remember bits and pieces but most of its just a blur but i still have really bad head pains..

My husband was hit by a drunk driver at the age of 3yrs. Suffered a fractured skull and was in a coma for weeks. He went on to be a national champ wrestler and was in the 82nd airborne in the US ARMY.... He has suffered many concussions. HE WAS MY HIGHSCHOOL SWEETHEART :) but now I am feeling all of the effect of his head injuries.. He is 46 yrs. and the craziest is getting worse yr. by yr.