I know that during the last decade there has been an increase in consumer awareness of diet-related health issues. Normally, because of this trend many popular foods and drinks have come under scrutiny, including coffee. Since I like to consume a lot of coffee, I would like to hear about this study. Is there any way, coffee could affect my health? Is that truth someone says coffee could affect negatively in any aspect of health?

I know for sure, there are many people that still avoid caffeinated coffee because they worry about its health effects. However, current research you are talking about reveals that in moderation. They say how a few cups a day coffee is a safe beverage that may even offer some health benefits. The latest research has not only confirmed that moderate coffee consumption does not cause harm. They also uncovered possible benefits of coffee for health. Studies show that the risk for type 2 diabetes is lower among regular coffee drinkers than among those who do not drink coffee daily. Beside this, it is confirmed that coffee may reduce the risk of developing gallstones. I can freely say this list is not so short, starting with discourage the development of colon cancer, improve cognitive function, and reduce the risk of liver damage in people at high risk for liver disease. So far, they discovered coffee could reduce the risk of Parkinson's disease. Coffee has also been shown to improve endurance performance in long-duration physical activities, which is not bad at all. As you see, there is no need to worry if you are coffee consumer, until that became extreme drinking.

National Geographic did a story on this in May of 2006. Scientists are beginning to look at the effects of caffeine in blocking hormones that cause drowsiness. Just how caffeine works isn't really even understood. In my own life, I've found much benefit from staying away from coffee as a comfort food. It ruins my stomach and gives me unnatural highs and lows. Today, I substitute Rooibos red tea for coffee Rooibos is a nutty flavored non-caffeinated drink from South Africa. I love it!