Hello, I have a father who is alcoholic. What I want to ask you is probably generally known, but I need a word of an expert to try to persuade him that this can't bring any good to him. How can the alcohol abuse affect the liver and how dangerous can be its disorders? Thank you for help.

Hi, I am a cured alcoholic. I hope you will hear more important information and suggestion from me than from some kind of a medical expert who hasn't been where I have.
First, I want to tell you that, while I was an alcohol addict and when my family talked about the alcohol as about a lethal danger, I was quite aware of it! But that fact could not persuade me to stop consummating it! I started considering it a dangerous pleasure when I got hepatitis C. I was only 24. I had all the disorders that only those chronic drinkers suffer from: I suffered from jaundice, from a fluid accumulation in the abdomen. The morning after I woke up from a delirious faint caused by the pains in the area of liver, I decided to consult a doctor and start the addiction treatment. I was only on a few steps from liver cirrhosis, I was said then.
I was treated with vitamins, especially with thiamin, during the hardest seven months in my life. But, there was someone that always made me endure another seizure: my wife and my little daughter. Nothing is more efficient in curing alcoholism than knowing that your pleasure makes someone else suffer. Try to tell this to your papa.