I have some questions about what alcoholism would be defined. Just checking it for I am afraid that my husband could be an alcoholic. He always liked drinking but lately his daily alcohol dose is about 7or 8 bear bottles plus regular bottle of wine. He is not an aggressive man but whenever he drinks and he started drinking every day he becomes unbearable. So I am not sure what would alcoholism be defined and I wonder if this is one of the alcoholism situation. Just checking… thanks.

Well, I am afraid that with these facts you would face unwanted situation. I am almost sure that your husband could be an alcoholic, for all these facts and alcohol abuse as you have described are usually the way that alcoholism would be described. Anyway whenever someone drink that much he needs help manifested in medical and family support. In fact alcoholism would be defined as a term that describes disorders such as alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence-both disorders might cause serious consequences from many life aspects-social, professional and the much worse thing is that the health of an alcoholic person is very much affected especially regarding the liver condition that might easily result in cirrhosis and hepatitis. I had the alcohol abuse and dependency problem in my family it was my dad an alcoholic and by the family support soon after he was diagnosed with alcoholism he went to rehab center where he passed a detoxification therapy. Keep in mind that this is not easy thing to go through but at the end it gives ok results that are also followed by psychotherapy and group speech therapy that lasts for about a year. Recovery prognoses are very good especially when alcoholic person gets a strong family support.