My husband is going to be 50 this year. He beleaves that he is geneticaly hooked to alcohol. If somebody suggest a glass, he ain't gonna stop even after the bottle. He knows I don't like his drinking, so he has "a drink" now and then over weekends.
It was a beer day yesterday in our town and he came home after 8 hours of drinking. He went to bed but couldn't breed properly, he was shouting while sleep all the time and shaking violently.
I have never seen anything similar. I never got drank, although I do have occasional drink (rarely more than a glass of vine).
Does this mean that my husband is alcoholic?
Is this situation serious?
(We got married 2 years ago and have little baby). Would my baby have this "drinking gene"?
I appologise to everyone for my speling!

It sounds as if your husband could very well be an alcoholic.

There is a growing body of scientific evidence that alcoholism has a genetic component, but the actual gene that may cause it has yet to be identified.

Studies of laboratory animals as well as human test subjects indicate that genetic factors play a major role in the development of alcoholism, but just how much a factor remains undetermined.

Children of alcoholics are four times more likely than other children to become alcoholics, according to the American Academy of Child & Adolescent Psychiatry, but environmental factors could be a factor in many of those cases.

Your husband is an alcoholic. I was born into a whole family of them. My mother is an alcoholic as was my bio dad, (my step dad to) My grandmother and grandfather were alcoholics, both dying with liver problems among other complications. My great grand father was one, although my great grandmother was not. There are a ton of them all up and down my family tree. I was the only child, i am not an alcoholic. My drinking consists of 1 or 2 vodka and oranges on a special occasion. I may have a beer, but it has to be really warm out, and only when a neighbor may pop over. My house is full of alcohol. My husband is a reformed drunk, his last drink was 18 years ago on a Super Bowl Sunday.
With all the booze in our home, he touches not a drop.
My oldest son was a drinker in his teen years, not any more. My second daughter can drink a lot as well as my third child, who we consider an alcoholic, our 4th child is a prima donna, no drink, smoke...nothing. Our 5th child is a beer drinker and he is only 18.
If alcoholism was gonna strike, it would have been at me, but it skips generations, and has affected my offspring.

Alcohol tos the charts again in this discussion. A sad but true disease that lurks among us all. Yes lurks! That means that it is out to destroy you and your body oh and may I mention your family. I was an alcoholic for about 20 years, I would drink 30-40 beers a day and two pints of gin. Disease caught me by surprise when I ended up in the hospital for acute pancreatitis bad. I have nevver been able to hake the illness either. I have been in te hospital 11 times. Three or four alcohol induced. I coudln't stop even when the docs said too. I finally had to get help and it worked for awhile, but I wentright back to it. It is a disease and a severe addiction, it's like legal heroin in a can! I wish everyone the best in recovery and those I admire who have been sober, wow I am having a hard time doing even to ths day! It's bad news alcohol. BAD.