Couldn't find what you looking for?


Have a family problem - he has a bad alcohol problem - now his stomach is distended and right side so sore...will not go to doctor...I realize we have no medical expertise, but what can I give him to one I know will even talk about it..


Hello dear,
i think i could solve your problem
there r lots of ways r avilable by which one could
control it,this includes
1.herbal detoxification
3.proper diet preference & more
u get enough about all at the site

all the best......


by on the right I'm not sure if you are refering to anatomical position or not..

On YOUR body from the perspective of YOU your liver is on the left under your lower ribs.

If he has Alcoholic Hepatitis (which affects the liver) or Pancreatitis his abdominal pain will quickly become very painful and he will start having hematemesis (bloody vomit).

Alcoholism has alot of lasting effects the physical health effects associated with alcohol consumption may include cirrhosis of the liver, pancreatitis, epilepsy, polyneuropathy, alcoholic dementia, heart disease, increased chance of cancer, nutritional deficiencies, sexual dysfunction, and death from many sources.

He does need to treat his abdominal distension if it does not improve in the next few days and especially if it gets worse. Because of his alcohol consumption he has increased risk factors for the above listed diseases.

Alcohol depdendency is as much a physical addition as a mental one. His mental disorder needs to be treated as well. If he does end up the ER you should consider discussing the possibility of alcohol detoxification.

Unfortunately in the end he is the master of his own body. It is his choice to make. I hope he is able to make the right choice and not have to suffer through disease and family problems that so many alcohol abusers do.