Is it possible that my kidney problems are related with the fact I am drinking alcohol? I am not alcoholic, but I do drink sometimes. My sister said that it will damage my kidneys. Is that right?

If you are among the People who have an increased risk of developing kidney disease, you should have a test for protein in their urine and a blood test to check their level of kidney function. She has right; drinking alcohol can hurt your kidneys in many ways and can increase the chance of needing dialysis. It increases your chance of developing HBP, a leading cause of kidney disease and can interfere with your medicines and make it harder to control your pressure.

Did you have some kidney problems ever or your sister is trying to scare you because you are drinking sometimes?

You said that you are consuming alcohol sometimes so I believe that is few times a month and that you are worried about this because your older sister has frightened you. Of course you shouldn’t be drinking but all of us drink from time to time. it is important to know your boundaries and don’t go over them.

Somehow I have a feeling that you are very young and under influence of your sister so if you have any additional questions you can always ask your family doctor on a regular checkup and I believe that he will be glad to give you answers.

I have only one kidney.... I was born like this and my entire family had told me to never drink..... Is it possible do me to drink and not be harmed?