I'm female, 21 years old, 5'5'' 140 lbs.  I eat really healthy and I exercise regularly.  My family is Irish and alcohol is a huge part of our lives (whether or not most of them will admit it).  I started really drinking when I was 12 or 13.  I thought I was immune to hangovers because I never had one until I was about 18. And I never had a really bad one until I was 20.  When I say bad I mean migraine-like symptoms, nausea, can't lift my head/look at light, can't eat anything, can only take small sips of water, disoriented, upset & weak.  I have never thrown up from drinking, but that doesn't mean much because I haven't vomited in something like 13 years (amazing I know).  And even so, I've only had a hangover like this probably 5 times until recently.  I used to drink a whole 5th of whiskey in a night and only be slightly foggy the next day.  Bottle of wine- no problem, I'd drain it and go looking for more.  I don't like the full-feeling I get from drinking a ton of beer so I usually opt for the strongest beers I can get (10%+).  Recently I decided to try to quit smoking, start running again, and eat even healthier.  I'd also had a few friends tell me I should go to AA.  I never went but successfully cut back on my own (down to about a drink or two per day).  About a month ago I went out with some friends I hadn't seen in a long time and I ended up having 7 beers and a generous shot of whiskey.  This was followed by the worst hangover of my life- all of the symptoms described above- the difference being that instead of lasting a normal length of time (like til the afternoon), residual effects lasted for 3 days.  After that I had no interest in drinking for a couple days.  When I did resume, it was back to my 2 drink max.  About 2 weeks later, I drank about 3/4 of a bottle of wine.  I felt hungover before I even went to bed.  I woke up the next day and had to go to work and I was extremely hungover- felt awful, barely functional.  And it lasted until I went to sleep that night.  That was about 10 days ago.  Since then I've had probably 6 beers total.  And nothing for the past couple days until last night when I decided to drink the remaining 1/4 of that bottle, thinking I should surely be in the clear... and this morning I have a splitting headache.  Not all the other horrible symptoms, just that unmistakable hangover headache.  I realize I have caused my tolerance to decrease by cutting back on consumption but I really did not expect this today.  I'd like to add that the glass I drank last night was accompanied by a meal and copious amounts of H2O.  Has anyone else cut back on drinking & had a similar experience?

Could it be the sugar?  Wheat?  Fungus/mold?   

Alcohol depletes Vit Beez.  Dehydrates.  The sulphates/sulphites?  I have read that although anaphylaxis is rare (alcohol accounts for only a small percentage of the United States' 150 annual food-related anaphylaxis fatalities), allergic reactions to wine and beer are relatively common. The causes of these reactions range from sulfites to sturgeon swim bladders. A single bottle of beer, for example, can contain more than ten allergens, including preservatives, histamines, animal products, pesticides, wheat, yeast and corn. Wo.

Poor liver, huh?  Let alone how many brain cells were murdered?  Think about it.  You are doing your blood system a bad deal by drinking like this.  Binge drinkers die young.  Or become sick with Alzheimers from Alcohol. 

Skin ages and turns yellow. Bile production is compromised. Stomach lining is destroyed. Did you know most alcohol goes right THRU the stomach lining?  Gack.

These may be signs your system just can't handle the junk. Anymore. Pancreatic Cancer is on the increase!!!  From drinking occasionally!

Why risk it? Perhaps you can drastically cut down. Drink organic sulphate free red wine - ONE GLASS with meal and liver long.  Sorry, Live Longer.  :) Healthier. 

Do some research on the many beers, alcoholic beverages and how they are made. What consumption can do.  Either a little or even alot.  To your liver, stomach, pancreas, brain, etc - -