I am 77my EKG showed heart attack but I am feeling fine could it be I am low on electrolytes

Hi V.

You can feel fine after a heart attack. 

Likely your doctor saw evidence of damage to the heart in the EKG.  How serious the damage is we can't know.

Talk to your cardiologist!

Who did the EKG and why? Someone must have suspected something and didn't they schedule a follow up after finding that? They just left you in the dark? Obamacare is grrrrreat!

Tests are done not suspecting anything lots of times. Healthcare is a business and when things are slow tests will be done. Once you establish a relationship with MD and offer a test ask why. I guarantee the answer will be because you haven't had one. Unless they can trick you into declaring a symptom.

I just had a series of stress tests and an echo cardiogram because I hadn't had one since the bypass surgery 20 years ago. If they were necessary or not, who knows? I certainly feel much better knowing the results. They found everything is fine and my heart and arteries are as good as they were after the surgery which I was told at that time was "as good as new".

Just knowing nothing has deteriorated sure makes my day.

That is good news and peace of mind for sure. I was referring to someone who has no history or complaints. Evidently the original poster was given an EKG just based on his age most likely. I do hope everything turned out fine and he still feels great. I hear Doctors can get incentive payments from Medicare for prescribing and testing. Can someone tell me the reason for incentive payments because I am at a loss over it.

When I look at the plethora of tests they have done on me, then look at the pricing for the tests that were certainly needed to show my condition and how medicare dictated what they would pay for the test I can see why they add as many simple tests as they can think of. There are involved procedures they charged a lot for and Medicare allows about 20 percent of the amount then pays a percentage of that and I'm stuck with the rest. For example if a test was billed at $3000, Medicare said they would allow $169 for it and paid $130 leaving me $39 to pay. So to make up for the $2800+ they were shorted by the great medical dictator they do a bunch of $150 to $200 simple tests. That's my opinion. I know if I had no insurance like before I was eligible for Medicare I would have had to pay the hospital the whole $3000 but Medicare gets away with dictating how much they will pay. So I don't think there are incentive payments from Medicare I think they create the incentive to do additional tests to make up for their short payments.